Production Car Lap Records

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to drivesrt.com, the G5 holds production car lap records at 9 different tracks. Anyone know what the tracks are, and what are the record times?[h=4]Holds production car lap records at nine U.S. tracks[/h]

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know one of them is High Plains Raceway. There are quite a few videos via google. 1:57.69
http://on.aol.com/video/2013-srt-vi...n-car-race-track-record-in-colorado-517834869

:(
Unfortunately, that is not an official record recognized by HPR.
It is a claimed 'record' by SRT after renting the track for a day to run timed laps and produce a video.
Anything under 2:00 is really fast, specially in a production car with street tires and no mods at all.
So, that is awesome........but not a record.

A stock ZR1 ran around 1:55 at HPR. -no claim of any record.
I spoke with the track manager about this the weekend after the SRT guys were there.
He explained how they only have 2 record lap time categories. One for 4-wheels, and one for 2-wheels.
I think the current 4-wheel time is somewhere around 1;41 .......the 2-wheel time is slower than that.

This year they started running time trials on some lapping days, and may have some kind of leaderboard for posting times in different classes of vehicles.
I haven't been up there much this season so I haven't seen it.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. I did not know it had records other than Laguna. Nice. I think the TA should get to that 1:55 of the ZR1 but nice to see the SRT model knock off a 1:57 which according to the vid and Allan is very fast for a bone stocker. Maybe Dodge will do with the TA 2.0 what they did with the ACR and run some serious numbers with Witmer, Farnb or Bommerito at the Ring and some stateside tracks.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The TA with the right driver in it should be able to best the ZR1 at HPR.

The ZR1 1:55 lap was with a pro driver in the car, not any kind of factory test guy or regular hot shoe.

Records like Laguna and N-ring are the ones that really count anyway as they are more well known as benchmark tracks and proving grounds for manufactures worldwide.

:eater:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32