Reaction score
Who owns a prowler on the board?
What are their flaws? Leaky roofs?
smile.gif

MM

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flaws; overpriced and no balls. a car that looks like a prowler should come with a good amount of power, not some soft six cylinder

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't own one, but a friend of mine does and I put flames on it for him. (he let me drive it a couple of days) It is great for crusing around town, gets good gas milage. But noisy (worse than my RT) on the highway. Motor has no power and sounds like a Chevy Beretta. Did not drive in the rain so I don't know how well the top seals, but it is easy enough to open and close. For what they cost I would not buy one.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own 3 Prowlers......don't knock it until you try it. The Prowlers get by far more looks than any other car on the road. And every age bracket comments on the car. While it could use a little more power, 0-60 is still a respectable 5.7 seconds stock (some tuners have down the 1/4 mile in 11 and change). The car is not a race car, but it is an absolute blast to drive.

As far as price, you can get a mint one for around $30,000 which is a steal. There is no comparable car on the street.

I love my Viper for speed, and love the Prowler for cruising.

Flamed Bra on Candy Red

You must be registered for see images

Woodward Avenue Limited Edition with trailer

You must be registered for see images

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot to answer question. I have heard a few have leaky roofs but mine do not. I also have a hardtop for the Candy Red Prowler. The only other flaw is that you absolutely cannot leave it unattended - worse than Viper

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, The car is really cool, but it will piss you off when you get dusted by a Suburu WRX or a Honda S-2000...Or when you go to a cruise night and overhear someone saying, cool car but its not fast, or it only has a 6 in it. It has happened to me. The roof never leaks, my biggest complaint is the Prowler instant lane change. When driving, especially on bumpy roads the front end shudders, the whole cowl shakes badly and if you are not careful you will change lanes. Make sure you test drive before you buy. Mac makes a kit to reinforce the frame around the front which is supposed to eliminate the problem. Old people love it as well. Most old people do not like my GTS and I consider that a compliment I never bow to a Honda or Suburu with the Viper...AL...00PROWLER...

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Prowler does cost too much for what it is. Even so, DC does come out with some interesting cars don't they?
The other question is why does the new T-Bird cost so much? Nice looking car but why so much money?

MichaelThurston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a 99 Yellow Prowler. Believe it or not, the car gets more looks then my 97 Blue/White Viper did. It has 250 horsepower, is made out of alumninum so it is fairly quick. It also has a manu-matic if you want to control the gears. The main flaw is the rough ride caused by the 20 inch rims and run flat tires. The A/C and heat work great so you can keep the top down in any weather. Only takes a few seconds to put up (like the SRT) so you don't have to worry about a fast rain storm like you do in an R/T. I'm trying to sell mine as I am travelling the world, but I would keep it forever if I had a garage. Girls love the way the car looks and riding in it....

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking about a used one. Black or yellow.

I have a 10 minute (due to traffic) blast down the highway every day... thats about all I end up driving. For any grocery runs or anything, we take the Jeep
smile.gif

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.