Pulling Viper Out Of Winter Storage

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello to all. This is my first post after just reading for a year and a half.

As I purchased my 2002 ACR last may, meaning this past winter was my first storage of the car. It was stored in a climate controlled garage. I will be pulling it out of storage this weekend. Is there anything special that needs to be done when the car comes out of multi month storage?

Thanks so much for your time,

Robert

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I do with mine:

1. Unhook battery tender.
2. Check oil.
3. Check tire pressure.
4. Start
5. Drive and start smiling again. :)

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Robert,

I just bought my first Viper in May last year just like you. I'm in montreal and we both know, this was a long winter for us both.

I just took my car out of storage last weekend.

I follow the same list as Mad listed above. He's a great guy by the way and helped me a lot when I first bought my car.

It all depends on how you stored it. Since this was my first year of ownership, I was overly paranoid storing it so I even put covers over my exhausts so nothing could crawl inside. I almost forgot to remove them before I started the car.

Just some little things I would do differently next year. When I started the car I found I was a little "rusty" in finding my sweet spot in the gears and clutch. The other thing I didn't do, which I should have done, was depress the brake several times to get used to viper braking again after driving my daily driver all winter. It was going down the Hwy before I had to use them seriously for the first time this year and I got a little surprise.

Next year I'll drive some back roads to refamiliarize myself to the car again before just jumping back into main traffic.

Where are you located in ON? I come to TO every second month....would be great to meet someone else with the same car! Send me a PM or email anytime.

John

V

Venomiss

Hello to all. This is my first post after just reading for a year and a half.

As I purchased my 2002 ACR last may, meaning this past winter was my first storage of the car. It was stored in a climate controlled garage. I will be pulling it out of storage this weekend. Is there anything special that needs to be done when the car comes out of multi month storage?

Thanks so much for your time,

Robert

Welcome ! Just in case you didn't see this before for your area.
Viper Club of Ontario

And found this thread from a while ago. Plugged in long term storage-came up with many threads on this subject.
http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/600445-coming-out-winter-storage.html
Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all! Thats great info! With that now, I can't wait till tommorow!

As for location, I am about a hour north of TO.

Robert

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Robert: ENJOY your car this weekend...SO nice when we can finally get back IN our Vipers, isn't it?! We change the oil, check tire pressure, unhook the battery tender (duh!), wipe it down...run the gas that's leftover, then put in NEW gas....and drive, drive, drive!!!! TOTALLY ENJOY...gosh, especially an ACR~~~NIIIIIICE! ~juli

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang