Purchased a ’97 B/W

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for another Viper (I have an ’02 GTS) for quite some time. Fortunately I ran across “Matt”, a VCA member, who was contemplating the sale of his ’97 B/W. Matt subsequently decided to let the B/W go, so I purchased it from him and it arrived this past week. It was everything Matt described it to be, and I’m very happy with it—Thanks again Matt.

By the way, Matt had been taking the Viper to Valaya Racing for service. I asked Valaya Racing to inspect the Viper. Needless to say they were great to deal with and Ted May kept me informed every step of the way.

I took the B/W out for a long cruise today with Paul, a local Viper member, who happens to have several Vipers too. Hopefully the picture posted…

jim

Attachments

• 1205091300-02.jpg
    1205091300-02.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 92

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
info? miles/price/etc...? I've got a b/w and just wondering how much of a loss I've taken so far.. lol:(

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the BW club.
It is and always will be the quintessential Viper GTS.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Concrats! Car looks very nice. I have a 2002 ACR. At the prices Vipers have been going for lately I've been thinking about purchasing another one. Even though I love the Gen II GTS I would rather get something different like a 2006 or 2008 coupe or even a Gen 1 RT/10.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome. Reading another thread I see that BJ Motors is getting over $60,000 for a nice 02 Graphite/silver.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great choice on the blue/white GTS !!! Good choice on the "perfected" 97 model year instead of the often touted 96 version, which some (generally 97 owners) consider as a "test bed" or "prototype" to the 97 GTS. :)

Of course, I may be prejudiced, as the 97 blue/white GTS in our garage is my personal favorite "distance driving Viper".

Hopefully, with the bait I've laid out here, "Ron" will jump in with all of the reasons that the 96 GTS is the better version. Do not be swayed...your pick is a picture perfect...and will reward you with countless miles of driving pleasure...without the oil drips on your garage floor.
:)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And when you wish to save 50 lbs and adda few hp PM me for the Gen 2 stock headers. 3,000mi.

ted

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what it is Steve, but there is just something about a 1996 GTS that's makes it unique. Can't quite put my finger on it though.......

You must be registered for see images attach

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And when you wish to save 50 lbs and adda few hp PM me for the Gen 2 stock headers. 3,000mi.

ted

Jim's already has them :D

Great picture Jim. It was a pleasure doing business with you. It was tough to see it go but I'm glad it will be well taken care of and is still "in the family".

OP
OP
R

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,
Thanks for the comments. I am thoroughly enjoying the B/W.

Matt—
I took it to my favorite Viper Tech today to change the battery, balance the tires, change the oil, and give it a look over. We found the wheel wells and underside of the car immaculate. You are truly a perfectionist. We were all impressed. If you ever make it down this way, be sure to look us up.

jim