PureOne Oil Filter

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using a PureOne oil filter on my Ram Hemi. Really like the grip texture of the filter and good price. Any recommendations for this type filter for a Gen 2, 2000 Model GTS? Really makes an easy on/off. Have been using Mobil 1 filter but is it really necessary to spend double the price? If it is, the extra $6 is a no brainer.

Kma4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm completely sure that filter will be perfectly fine. I've been doing this stuff a long time, longer than I care to admit really and I've never seen an engine damaged by an oil filter. I've seen some damaged by the filter coming off, but that had nothing to do with the filter itself. Stick to a name brand and change it on schedule. Sure, it's been great internet fodder to discuss filters and there are tons of videos and sites out there showing how all the different ones are built and there are no doubt differences. That said, I still have not seen failures related to using a Fram which get routinely blasted. Nothing wrong with using a premium filter but I don't know how much is actually gained. I use Purolator regularly, and on my DD stuff I have often used the China specials that come with the oil and filter specials at Auto Zone or the like. Never had any issues what so ever. My current Daily Drivers have over 300k on them and still going strong. So to summarize, yeah, I think you will be fine.

Now I can get hammered by the hoards.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In theory I agree with you. I also have used cheap filters, but on my Vipers, Vettes, other toys I prefer to use the best quality of filter. Why take a chance and use anything other than OE for your more expensive toys.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The Pureone is a top quality oil filter. I put it up there along with K&N, Mopar, and Mobile 1. Just stay way from Fram.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only hesitation I have with Pure One is flow rate. I've read where it does such a good job as a filter it may hamper flow for high performance engines.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question I have is, on the Gen 2 vipers that have spun a bearing, what was the cause? Not knowing what the cause was of engine failures really is the main reason that I decided to use the upgraded filter (05037836AB) that the Viper engineers specified for the Viper engine.

I agree that most people in most circumstances would probably never need that little incremental improvement that might have only been for the ******** racers. Although, I think that the filter was designed/specified differently for its bypass performance characteristics.

Anyway, the differential cost wasn't a concern for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala