Putting A/C on 94?

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speak to Chuck T Jon B or Paul scarf.. Im sure you will be able to collect all the parts but maybe not from one place....

good luck

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this to my 94 8 years ago and it ended up costing about 4K. I was stupid to buy a Viper in FL without A/C. I had no idea how much heat the engine would pass to the passenger compartment.

I gave an A/C place the parts list and they bought all the parts new and installed. I could have got a used system for $1,400 at the time, but it would still have been missing some parts. I had an A/C speciaty shop do the install as the dealership said they would not do it.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The operator of AW Scrap Processors (zip 12590) had Chuck Tator source parts from where ever available and install on a 1993 about 2 years ago. Ask for Scott.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tator's did mine last year. About 5K when all was said and done, but totally factory. Most parts are still available except for a couple of the lines, which you'll have get from a car being parted out.

Good luck. It was a big undertaking. I have the parts list if you need. Feel free to send me a PM.

craig

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um, not sure what you mean by reference. (But thanks!) I know the brother that drives the Viper with the new A/C. Maybe we know the same guy?

The parts list would be an excellent addition to the Illustrated Upgrades, even if it is just a list and not a how-to. Hint, hint.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is it possible to piece the whole system together since they dont sell the or make the kit anymore?

Short answer: YES

Better answer: As stated, see an A/C specialty place...the car is plumbed for it, get a universal A/C new from a A/C -AutoElec expert. It mostly came from a Caravan

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um, not sure what you mean by reference. (But thanks!) I know the brother that drives the Viper with the new A/C. Maybe we know the same guy?

The parts list would be an excellent addition to the Illustrated Upgrades, even if it is just a list and not a how-to. Hint, hint.

Hint, neh?:D

Ok. I'll post the list

Craig

OP
OP
R

Rheeder218

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All i really need is the complete parts list, We owe a collision shop so we deal with AC plumbing and repair all the time so i would be doing the install. I just need to find the parts. I was lookin at new prices and some of the stuff is out of this world. ha

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All i really need is the complete parts list, We owe a collision shop so we deal with AC plumbing and repair all the time so i would be doing the install. I just need to find the parts. I was lookin at new prices and some of the stuff is out of this world. ha

Take some pictures! Share! Be famous for providing an Illustrated How-To!

93VIPERBOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think I paid aprox 3000.00 for NIB complete kit. Don't remember how much Tators charged but it was worth every penny