Putting SRT-10 18/19 on 95 which had 17's

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering putting the stock lightweight SRT-10 18/19 wheels on my 95 which has 17's currently. Does anyone know if the speedo and all will be off bad or if there is a tire profile low enough (especially the 2 inch difference in the rear) to accommodate? Also, ride quality etc. Is this just a stupid idea or what?:drive:

OP
OP
V

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have to recalibrate speedo or do anything special? Did you have to purchase a lower profile tire to keep the height the same? Does the speedo work of the front or rear tires? I assume the fron which will have a lesser height change.

Reaction score
Did you have to recalibrate speedo or do anything special? Did you have to purchase a lower profile tire to keep the height the same? Does the speedo work of the front or rear tires? I assume the fron which will have a lesser height change.

Wheels and tires will fit fine and if you have a 3:55 gear the speedo will be very close. If not it will be off and you will need to guess at the calibrator you need.

OP
OP
V

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does my VIN reveal my rear gear. I bought it used and don't know. I know the car is bone stock. Was that the stock gear?

Reaction score
Does my VIN reveal my rear gear. I bought it used and don't know. I know the car is bone stock. Was that the stock gear?

Stock gear is a 3.07, a 3:55 really wakes the car up with stock tires but you will need the 3:55 just to get back to the feel you have now. I would put in a 3:73 if you want the looks and a boost in grunt. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have been most helpful...one last thing...If I had a flat and used the stock spare, would that damage the rear gears on a short drive to get her somewhere with that 19" on the other side?

Reaction score
You have been most helpful...one last thing...If I had a flat and used the stock spare, would that damage the rear gears on a short drive to get her somewhere with that 19" on the other side?

Maybe not for a real short drive but if possible I would ditch the spare and get the inflater/sealer kit from the new car or from Tire Rack.

OP
OP
V

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again, do you think $1500 for the 4 SRT-10 polished wheels in great condition is a good deal?

OP
OP
V

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are a knowledgeable man and much help to us newbies...I will make the purchase and consider a new rear gear. Thanks!!

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wheels and tires will fit fine and if you have a 3:55 gear the speedo will be very close. If not it will be off and you will need to guess at the calibrator you need.

Check motorcycleradar.com they have whats called a Yellowbox which wires in line to the speedo wire and corrects the speed by percentage as speed increases but only for magnetic pick up speed sensors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine