Quest for vipers

MOUNTAINWOLF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still shopping around for vipers. Searching VCA classifieds, newspaper, & Auto Trader, I see every color except yellow GTS for sale: Where are all the yellow GTS's ! I do have interest in a black/silver 00 GTS in VCA classfieds owned by Chris Marshall (Kansas City too far to check it out). Anyone here have any input on this car? It has more miles than I wanted, but sounds like it has been taken care of. Still debating on color also, yellow or black... yellow or black... yellow or black... Serenity now ! Serenity now !

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MOUNTAINWOLF:
Still debating on color also, yellow or black... yellow or black... yellow or black... Serenity now ! Serenity now !

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<FONT size="4">BLACK!</FONT s>

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mines on the cover of the Auto Trader and the Sports Car Trader. I'm ready to deal! Shoot me an e-mail if you're interested E-mail and I'll send you more photo's and information.

DSC00054.JPG

DSC00055.JPG

DSC00061.JPG

DSC00139.JPG

DSC00141.JPG

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your interested I found a 2001 yellow GTS-ACR with comfort and no strips. It is listed as new, but I think it may be an unwind, meaning the buyer didn't qualify. It has about 300 miles on it. Send a PM if interested and I'll give you more details. It is a dodge dealer car, not mine.

Carl

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a black 00 ACR on Ebay that you can get for 55K and it has 9K miles. The carfax looks good on the car, but you need to get an inspection by a Viper tec, but if that checks out I think that is the steal of the year.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The yellow one does look good but did you see where they offer 84 month financing, what is that about. To purchase a $70,000.00 car and pay for it over 84 months you would end up with a car you paid $120,000.00 for.
Does anyone use 84 month financing?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MOUNTAINWOLF:
I do have interest in a black/silver 00 GTS in VCA classfieds owned by Chris Marshall (Kansas City too far to check it out). Anyone here have any input on this car? It has more miles than I wanted, but sounds like it has been taken care of. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I know the guy personally and I would gladly vouch for him for the most part.
supergrin.gif
Seriously, when you consider buying a car (anybodys) you might want to check with the dealer that services the car, assuming the owner will tell you who it is. Most dealerships know their Viper customers well enough to tell you if they were good about maintenance, picky about keeping it clean, etc. Too often somebody can rag a car and then clean it up for sale. I just bought a Miata for my brother-in-law and it was amazing what we found after the fact. Also, make sure that you get a factory warranty with ANY Viper you buy. That way if the car does have problems (and mine does not), you can get them fixed on your terms. Much better than shelling out thousands to fix a thrown rod as one recent buyer had to do shortly after he bought his car. Feel free to e-mail me with any other questions you may have.

Chris

OP
OP
M

MOUNTAINWOLF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went to Landmark Dodge (south of Atlanta) to look at an 02 yellow GTS this saturday (Bill Elliot was there for a promotion signing autographs,etc; he sat in front of the yellow GTS and beside a yellow RT): anyhoo, first time to see yellow in person. What a beautiful color, maybe too loud for me though. Now my mind is on black, black/silver, blue/white. I know I sound wishy-washy on the color thing, but man this is tough (anyone else have this problem?)

Joseph, I am scared of that car, too many unknowns.

King GTS, That car is awesome! more than I want to spend (sorry)

Scott J, Those premier cars seem a little overpriced compared to others I have seen selling.

Thanks for all the input.

David G.

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mountainwolf, check out the classifieds on this site. There are numerous cars there, most from Viper knowledgable VCA members. There are certainly several there that meet your color preferences, including my '96...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang