Question About 1:18 RT/10's

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two questions regarding 1:18 scale RT/10's:

- Did anyone make a sapphire RT/10? I don't recall ever seeing one.

- Did anyone make a true Gen II, which means the correct Gen II wheels and no side pipes?

I have the usual ones (by Bburago) - Red (of course), black, yellow and soon to arrive, Green. I know there is a '96 Gen I black with silver stripes and white with blue stripes (don't have either)...but that is it.

Thanks!

Kurt

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
There has never been a sapphire RT/10 in 1:18 scale. The closest we have is from Eagle's Race in 1/43 scale. As far as I know, there also has never been a true Gen II RT/10. The closest you can get is by creating your own.

I'd really love to see a company like AutoArt or Minichamps come out with both a GTS and and RT/10. Not sure that will ever happen though.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I was searching around the internet and came across a yellow 1:18 '96 RT/10 by Bburago that had RED stripes. Kind of unusual and very odd that Viper would offer that combination...I had seen that one a number of times on the internet. Do you think its real???

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I was searching around the internet and came across a yellow 1:18 '96 RT/10 by Bburago that had RED stripes. Kind of unusual and very odd that Viper would offer that combination...I had seen that one a number of times on the internet. Do you think its real???

It was never an OEM offered combo, but it is a real combo offered by Bburago. I had one until I sold it a couple weeks ago. I didn't care for the combo at all and found someone interested, so away it went.

I'm looking for one of the Bburago white/blue/white wheels 1:18 RT/10 models if anyone has one.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chad....I agree with you, the red stripes on yellow don't look very good. Only reason to have it is if you want to collect all that Bburago produced. Still looking for black w/silver stripes and the white one you're looking for. Only found the white and black in 1:24 and have both.

Thanks.:headbang:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Chad, just picked up a black w/silver stripe 1:18 RT.:2tu:

danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a quick shot of my 1/18 Vipers, by no means a complete collection but just what I have found so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice collection, and nice display. For me, I am only interested in RT/10's (for obvious reasons) and I don't want to spend much on my "collection" as I'd rather spend it on my "larger" RT. :D

That said, I'm happy with the one's I have, including the 1:43 versions of the Rent A Car Systeme team.

Oh well, each to his own....and, I really don't have space for many more according to my wife!:nono:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could always try to have the drycleaners "accidentally" destroy part of her wardrobe, that way you would gain some more space :rolaugh:
By the way did you ever get that Minichamps duo set with red RT/10 and GTS?

Very nice collection, and nice display. For me, I am only interested in RT/10's (for obvious reasons) and I don't want to spend much on my "collection" as I'd rather spend it on my "larger" RT. :D

That said, I'm happy with the one's I have, including the 1:43 versions of the Rent A Car Systeme team.

Oh well, each to his own....and, I really don't have space for many more according to my wife!:nono:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny....there's just no room for all the clothes!!! And, shoes!!! :D

I did see that set a year ago or so, but it was in the UK and it was US$80 plus high shipping. Just wasn't worth it for me. :D

I have an obsessive personality and, when I start collecting something, I end up having to find "everything" in the series. I stopped doing that years ago, when my drums began taking up way too much space. Now, as long as cheap, I add to my RT collection wherever I can. Its pretty good for what I want, waiting for my two latest additions to arrive. Right now, have (in 1:18) - Red, Black, Yellow, Green (coming), Black '95 w/silver stripes coming). Also have a GT2 in the closet somewhere and the really nice Revell Creative Masters RT/10...picked it up as a steal US$29!!!! But, haven't decided if I want to take it out of the packaging and display.

It looks nice in my garage! Now if I could only make my garage more presentable!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456