Question about being photo'd / video'd in the Viper

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I might be getting Tints this summer. I don't mind when people take pictures of my car or even me while I'm in it... I just CAN'T STAND when I'm at a set of lights or have to stop some where and a car full of kids pull up next to me, which usually leads to them wanting to race, asking me to do a burn out, rev the engine, or just other things that I don't want to respond to or do. So if I get some tints, it would be a lot easier to just roll up the windows and avoid it all together for the most part. Now, on the other hand....if it were a car full of attractive females wanting to talk, or maybe even go for a ride, that would be a different scenario. :D

Either way it's kind of expected and can't be helped, so it's nothing new to me.. but I still get annoyed by it.

Last edited:

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I might be getting Tints this summer. I don't mind when people take pictures of my car or even me while I'm it... I just CAN'T STAND when I'm at a set of lights or have to stop some where and a car full of kids pull up next to me, which usually leads to them wanting to race, asking me to do a burn out, rev the engine, or just other things that I don't want to respond to or do. So if I get some tints, it would be a lot easier to just roll up the windows and avoid it all together for the most part. Now, on the other hand....if it were a car full of attractive females wanting to talk, or maybe even go for a ride, that would bee a different scenario. :D

Either way it's kind of expected and can't be helped, so it's nothing new to me.. but I still get annoyed by it.

THIS. But as you've already stated, things change when it's a bunch of pretty girls asking :headbang:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chicks shapping shots OK...dudes checking out the car..not as OK...Understandable, but not cool...aka get a freaking life. I've had it all at gas stations, stop lights, and all places in between. At this point in ownership, I expect some gawking but have become immune to it. Unless some really hot "I waana be with Chad" chick comes up to me, its just get the hellouttamyway and leave me alone sort of response.

I don't understand that. In truth, it gives people who drive flashy cars a bad name. I'm a car guy, I love cars. Always have, always will. There was a time I couldn't afford anything like a viper but damn if I didn't love looking at them. There is nothing wrong with appreciating something cool. It's a cool car so as a car guy, wouldn't it make sense to share a little with someone else who has the same interests as you? I've had kids and teenagers gawking at my vipers when it's in a parking lot when I've come out of a store and if I have time, I'll let them get in and take pictures with it. It makes their day and I remember how crazy I would have gotten if someone let me sit in my dream car back in the day. win-win ahem TIGER BLOOD WINNING!!!!

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TIGER BLOOD WINNING!!!!
#WINNING! LOL How long is that gonna go on... :rolaugh::rolaugh: I guess until someone slams some meds into his tiger blood... :eater::eater:

I used to have women flying up on the Viper here in So Cal to see what guy was driving...

then changed the plate to a misspelled Viper Girl, then had dudes flying up to see Viper Girl...

It's just part of it... Can't win I tell ya.. So just enjoy the ride.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand that. In truth, it gives people who drive flashy cars a bad name. I'm a car guy, I love cars. Always have, always will. There was a time I couldn't afford anything like a viper but damn if I didn't love looking at them. There is nothing wrong with appreciating something cool. It's a cool car so as a car guy, wouldn't it make sense to share a little with someone else who has the same interests as you? I've had kids and teenagers gawking at my vipers when it's in a parking lot when I've come out of a store and if I have time, I'll let them get in and take pictures with it. It makes their day and I remember how crazy I would have gotten if someone let me sit in my dream car back in the day. win-win ahem TIGER BLOOD WINNING!!!!

You are completely right, and I do think about all of that as well, since when I was young I would be doing the same thing and wanting to check nice cars out whenever i saw them. So I'm always very open about talking to other people about it when they ask me questions about my car. However, it still is irritating with certain people, especially when they pull up next to you while you're driving and won't leave you alone. Which is why I think tints might help the situation a little bit. :rolleyes:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Dave. Only I use ARH. After I get home they have to get by my 2 land sharks to get to the Viper.

How do you like the ARH Headers? Did you get the AR High-Flow cats too? I'm gonna be buying the set this summer, can't wait!

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you like the ARH Headers? Did you get the AR High-Flow cats too? I'm gonna be buying the set this summer, can't wait!

I Like them a lot and I did go with the AR high flow cats. I had RT high flow cats on before the headers but the AR high flows came already welded to the turn outs. That made it very easy for the install.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Like them a lot and I did go with the AR high flow cats. I had RT high flow cats on before the headers but the AR high flows came already welded to the turn outs. That made it very easy for the install.

Sounds like I will have the same situation since I currently have the RandomTech High-Flow cats as well.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are completely right, and I do think about all of that as well, since when I was young I would be doing the same thing and wanting to check nice cars out whenever i saw them. So I'm always very open about talking to other people about it when they ask me questions about my car. However, it still is irritating with certain people, especially when they pull up next to you while you're driving and won't leave you alone. Which is why I think tints might help the situation a little bit. :rolleyes:

The tint won't help I don't think. If anything, people are going to look harder to see who is inside. Tint usually looks pretty good though, so do it for that, but it won't stop people from pulling along side, that is just part of driving something that looks like a Hot Wheels car.

You are always going to get little stupid comments once in a while. I usually shrug it off thinking, wow, the person must have a pretty severe inferiority complex if they feel the need to yell or say something rude to someone based on a car they can never hope to drive. Glad I'm not them...

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're probably right, I don't think tints will help completely, but to avoid someone from talking to me, as long as I roll up my windows they won't be able to see me as easily of course, which I think will help them from trying to yell or try and get my attention and be annoying about it. Either way, you're also right about them looking pretty good. That's the sole purpose for me wanting tints, but as a bonus, especially if your stopped at a light, rolling up the windows having them tinted I would imagine only helping the situation for ignoring anyone annoying. :cool:

About 3 years ago when I first got my Viper, I was getting out of my car at a local sub shop with one of my friends. Some kid standing around in the parking lot with his friends says.. "So is that your daddy's ride" and kinda laughs.. I wasn't paying attention to them at all at first since I was hungry and only cared about inhaling a 20" BLT or Chicken Parm sub, can't remember which one I got haha.. Anyway, I was kinda in shock someone would feel the need to be an a$$ out of no where for no apparent reason. I just calmly turned and said "nope, it's mine" and then kept walking. Nothing huge, just a little annoying that there are jealous people out there who enjoy being a d**k. I guess it's kinda expected, considering I am pretty young and lucky to be owning a Viper. I'm 27 now, 28 this August, but when I first got my car I was only 25. Either way, I didn't appreciate this kid's remark considering I worked hard, saved up for awhile and took a loan out for the rest. Someone also stuck a piece of gum on the hood of my car right between the stripes above the hood vent when I was in a bar/restaurant/arcade type of place. Once again, no big deal to lose sleep over. Just something small, pointless and unneeded that pissed me off.

The tint won't help I don't think. If anything, people are going to look harder to see who is inside. Tint usually looks pretty good though, so do it for that, but it won't stop people from pulling along side, that is just part of driving something that looks like a Hot Wheels car.

You are always going to get little stupid comments once in a while. I usually shrug it off thinking, wow, the person must have a pretty severe inferiority complex if they feel the need to yell or say something rude to someone based on a car they can never hope to drive. Glad I'm not them...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc