Question for calipers

Vipertop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to paint my red calipers on my SRT 2006 in red, because they are worn. I have a question : for logo "Viper" on the caliper, do I need adhesive logo or is it possible to paint this logo in white ?

Thanks for your help and sorry again for my bad english ;)

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had bought from Xenonmods.com in the past and had great service. I just re-did my calipers a calipers a couple of days ago and ordered decals from them again. I haven't heard from them since I ordered them last week, and started searching and found they are having all kinds of issues now. I wouldn't use them. I'm just going to order from somewhere else now so I don't have to wait any longer to put the car back together. If the decals show up sometime soon, then I have some extras for next time. If I don;t have them by next week, I'll do a charge-back with Amex.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered some from vinyldecals.com in case my others don't ever show up. I placed the order about an hour ago and already have an email confirmation that they are shipping today.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Can those decals take the heat from the brakes? Or do they have to be clearcoated to take the heat--Dave

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ones I got in the past from Xenonmods had no issues with the heat. I put them on the calipers and that was it. Never had a single issue with fading or wanting to come off. It's too bad their service seems to have tanked.
Since I have the calipers off the car this time and just re-finished them, I will put the ones from vinyldecals on and clear over them just to be sure.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries! Definitely planning on going since it's only a few hours away.
You ought try to make it our Tail of the Dragon weekend in June. I think we had 50 or so Vipers last year and it looks like it's going to be even bigger this year.

OP
OP
V

Vipertop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered some from vinyldecals.com in case my others don't ever show up. I placed the order about an hour ago and already have an email confirmation that they are shipping today.

It's ok. I've just ordered decals on this website :)

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see if those decals could take the heat of powdercoating...on my previous car, I had a gentleman powdercoat the calipers, apply a decal, and then use a clear powder over them to seal them in place. They came out great, and I'd like to do something similar on my Viper, but obviously they'd have to handle 400* for a good amount of time while the powder flows out. Any ideas on that one, or would this be an experiment I'd have to undertake?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put them on with nothing over them in the past and hod no issues at all. I have no idea if they could take the powdercoating process or not. You could always get your calipers powdercoated, then apply the decals and just spray a regular clear over them.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the stickers from vinyldecals today (still haven't heard anything back from xenonmods). I have to say that the ones from vinyl do not seem to be as of the same quality of the ones I got from xenon in the past. They go on like stickers instead of decals and I honestly don't know if I would trust them to stay on without putting a few coats of clear over them. In my case this time, it really doesn't matter since I'm clearing them anyway, but just wanted to give an honest opinion on them.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
TomDawg--
Thanks so much for the sticker info--i love this site because we all help one another so much. The Tail of the Dragon sounds like fun--where is the starting point?--Dave

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not 100% sure on the starting point. Last year there were 3 (I think) main groups coming from different directions and we all met up along the Skyway and then headed to Dragon and started from the NC side.

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had bought from Xenonmods.com in the past and had great service. I just re-did my calipers a calipers a couple of days ago and ordered decals from them again. I haven't heard from them since I ordered them last week, and started searching and found they are having all kinds of issues now. I wouldn't use them. I'm just going to order from somewhere else now so I don't have to wait any longer to put the car back together. If the decals show up sometime soon, then I have some extras for next time. If I don;t have them by next week, I'll do a charge-back with Amex.

I ordered my caliper decals from Xenonmods on Jan 8th. Nothing yet and I sent an email asking, but no reply....really *****

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Just saw this thread. The pictures on http://www.vinyldecals.com/automotiv...ersal-fit.html

are from my car. Yeah mom--I made the paper. I'm closing in on 1 year and the stickers are still on, still look good and I did not clear over them.........

Avoid xenomods......I'm sure this guy is out of business by now. Red caliper paint I used from www.g2usa.com. Color-matched to my car and can't say enough about this epoxy paint. Came out better than I thought and still look great. Just had to get rid of those gray '03 calipers!

Last edited:

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my caliper decals from Xenonmods on Jan 8th. Nothing yet and I sent an email asking, but no reply....really *****

Update: I filed a complaint with Paypal and miraculously the labels showed up 5 days later......Thanks PayPal

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I filed my complaint after about 5 or 6 emails to him and got a refund. I loved the quality of his product from the last time I used him, but apparently he has no idea on how to actually answer emails or send out the product.

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vinyl decals and then clear over. Ordered them from the vinyldecals.com

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just saw this thread. The pictures on http://www.vinyldecals.com/automotiv...ersal-fit.html

are from my car. Yeah mom--I made the paper. I'm closing in on 1 year and the stickers are still on, still look good and I did not clear over them.........

Avoid xenomods......I'm sure this guy is out of business by now. Red caliper paint I used from www.g2usa.com. Color-matched to my car and can't say enough about this epoxy paint. Came out better than I thought and still look great. Just had to get rid of those gray '03 calipers!

I just purchased this kit after seeing your post here TexasTorred! I purchased the GTS Blue for my 08 B&W. Hopefully it turns out as good as yours!

Thread revived!

-Tim

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased this kit after seeing your post here TexasTorred! I purchased the GTS Blue for my 08 B&W. Hopefully it turns out as good as yours!

Thread revived!

-Tim

Outstanding! Thanks for the compliment. Of course, post some pictures of your '08. G2 is good, durable paint. Still going strong after 1.5 years with the original vinyl decals. (No clear over them either.) I guess us non-track drivers and just too darn easy on our brakes....

Can't resist, love my car.....so gratuitous picture thrown in.........Thinking about going to silver on the vinyls when the whites wear out. This is a recent photo and still the paint and vinyls are holding up well. (I was never a fan of the '03's OEM 'gray' calipers.)

Last edited:

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread guys, and btw i'm from greenville sc and would love to do the dragon's tail too, i was thinking of doing it this year, but if you guys are going in june , count me in!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950