Question for the Supercharging experts

Reaction score
My guess from the quiet responses is NO. Why don't you ask one of the well known tuners to "back you up" on this project and throw their name out there like the Henn... does. He has had stuff break but still throws his hat in the ring when he can (you know what they say any publicity is better than none), well sometimes. Not standing up for John just saying why don't you choose your tuner by who will stand behind the project when it is thrust into the limelight.

P.S. If no one gets your back call me and I will work something out for it...

Guys help me here -if the engine is built and tuned properly at 800 rear wheel horsepower can i turn the blower car over to the mag guys on a 95degree day (like i did with my not aspirated gts )without it putting holes in pistons.A typical mag test may include hot lapping ,a top speed test where the driver actually is going 50mph plus at the start of the quarter mile -over 180 plus at the end (alot of redline pulling in top gears ect )

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Mark.There is no doubt the superchargers make fantastic power whether this form of power adder is the correct form for my application-intended usage is another story (i would rather find out now then tens of thousands later )which hopefully someone can help me out with.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Mark. If you find a engine builder that will truly stick by you in writing with your endeavors go for it. Good luck.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Mark. If you find a engine builder that will truly stick by you in writing with your endeavors go for it. Good luck.
Thanks but iam not really looking for anything in writing what iam looking for is someone with a big powered Paxton car to post and tell me if supercharging is a practical application for me.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
1BADGTS,

Short answer on turning a high horsepower Viper (supercharged car or turbocharged) over to an aggressive driver on a road course is no.

If the day is very cool and the track has long, relatively straight sections or fast sweepers and the driver short shifts, you might get away with it for a while.

If the track is relatively slow and air flow is limited, you will have problems with heat and likely blow the engine.

I tried tracking my Paxton car at only 728 rwhp. I added a larger radiator, vented hood, lower (170) thermostat, larger oil cooler, larger intercooler, Accusump, CC oil pan and still had heat issues.

I now run 925 rwhp on a built engine (could go 1500+ rwhp but won't) with new wet liners (Exotic Engine). Larger injectors, AEM, larger fuel system and fuel cooler.

I don't run my Paxton car on a road course. I run my 01 GTS ACR with a heads / cam / headers, etc. NA engine. 33,000 miles, many on the track. With proper fluid changes, no issues so far.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have worked on both supercharged and turbocharged Viper engines. Each have benefits and drawbacks. Too much to put in a post. Feel free to call and i will go over all this. I have worked with Nick at Modern motors, he is a good guy. Knows Vipers.