Question for Tom, F&L GoR about Shell Rotella

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Number 3 in the series... since I copy/paste from ***, the format may be awkward, as you may have to start at the bottom and work your way up. Sorry about that.

Many of you send me *** with oil questions. I will answer to you personally, but I think I will also put up my answers as a new thread. Feel free to send me ***, my User CP is set to bounce it to my email so I will respond more quickly to you than to a new thread. I'll hide/change the names to protect the innocent.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom, oh mighty F&L GoR!

Yeah, my wife's brother and sister just arrived today with their families from Calgary and Trois-Rivieres and they say it's a heat wave here in CT. I'd say 10F has proven safe over the past decade.

-bbbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom, F&L GoR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbb
Tom,

Is the rotella good for higher miles or daily use engines? Curious if this would be a good idea for my ******, as well. :2tu:

Thanks,
-bbbb

It would be great! It has more detergents and dispersants, so would clean up dirty insides. It's somewhat thicker and would help reduce leaks. It has the anti-wear additive level that older engines were designed around. Doesn't have any fuel economy characteristics, so would lose 0.2 to 0.5 MPG. The 15W40 mineral version would start to be tough to crank at 10F ambient temperature. Despite the 0W20 or 10W30 recommendation in my Jeep and Charger, I use it as 10F is rare here.

-Tom

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4