Question for yellow Viper owners

CalmRon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are yellow Vipers really faster? Just kidding, I know they are :D

My real question is...
I have looked at three yellow vipers recently and the first one looked like the front bumper and hood were a slightly different shade of yellow. This particular car had lots of problems so I assumed it had been repainted and walked away. Then I looked at one today and it appeared the same way. Finally I was looking at jimandela’s avatar and the bumper and hood kind of looks a shade off. Am I going nuts, is it just the angle, the light, or have all these cars had the hood or bumper repainted (the carfax’s are all clean for what that is worth). I have also heard that the hoods were made off-site from the rest of the car. Could that account for a difference, if one exists?

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '95 has the side sills a little off. I'm sure they were repainted. The hood matches the front bumper, doors, etc. perfectly however. My front fascia has never been touched up but really needs it. I haven't done it though because I'm afraid that it won't match.
No damage was ever sustained. Vipers are just tough on paint (low to ground, rock chips, picky owners, etc)

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You have now completed the reality portion of the test that will allow you to enter the hallowed confines of the "Yellow Fever" club. Your next step is to complete your purchase of the Yellow beast. Move forward my young apprentice...your club card is just moments away :D

CStegall

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the paint matches perfect. hopefully another yellow brother has a digital camera with better pics
mine were taken by an old 35 mm
but the hood should match the bumper if not.. run away.

here a few more pics...

radio0001.jpg

wind.jpg

good luck and join the yellow club ASAP!!

Jim :)

CNTW84U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please be very careful.......YELLOW Vipers are costly.
Once you get the YELLOW fever, it never goes away!

OP
OP
C

CalmRon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there some telltale signs that the bumper or hood have been repainted. Would a body shop be able to tell?

I think their is a good chance that it is just the angle or something playing tricks on me and was wondering if anyone else had noticed the same thing.

Docta Vipa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Watch out! Cops are very likely to go after you if you are driving a yellow Viper - because you will be going so darned fast! Better get prepared now and buy some of that new spray that makes your car invisible to radar ;)

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Earlier Cars (1994) were a different shade of yellow. I think the color looks different in different light. (disclaimer; I am not a club member, just an enthusiast ;) )

Simi Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CalmRon,
My 02'bought from DC dealer, it depend on the angle you look at it and under the sun light, florescent light and the regular light bulb it's all came out different shade. I think Viper it's hand made so I belive when come to painting procedure it can't be match as accurate as those use robotics. :)

270Viper_pics_002-med.jpg

270Viper_pics_001-med.jpg

Taken under sun light
270Cup_Holder_022-med.jpg

Taken under florescent light

S

SUN RA KAT

<font color="yellow">YELLOW! YELLOW! YELL OH! </font>

YES! YES! YES!

Yellow is the color of happy smiley faces, caution, and the fastest Vipers.
Good luck in your quest to find the perfect Viper.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was at the South Coast Slither, I did not notice the yellow RT/10 there to have any pieces that did not match in color. But often one can only see such mismatches under certain lighting. I recall having seen pictures posted in this forum where yellow parts did not match other yellow parts, but these were aftermarket parts, so I chalked it up to that. I find it strange that a Viper can come from the factory with colors that are not quite the same shade. But because the Viper is handmade, this could explain that possibility? Still, is this a known fact - Vipers coming from the factory with parts that don't quite match the color of other parts?

You must be registered for see images

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Who forgot to invite me to this Yellow Viper Party? As my fellow-yellow brothers have already stated, we have documented evidence that the Yellow Viper is indeed the fasted of all Vipers out there. So, I command thee my good man, go forth and purchase a yellow snake. Can I get an "amen" from my fellow-yellow brothers?

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll pass on the "yellow is faster" phenom.

Actually, the entire body is painted off site and assembled on the car afterwards.

The only difference seems to be that the thinner used on yellow cars makes their owners hallucinate.

:D

VIPER BIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Who forgot to invite me to this Yellow Viper Party? As my fellow-yellow brothers have already stated, we have documented evidence that the Yellow Viper is indeed the fasted of all Vipers out there. So, I command thee my good man, go forth and purchase a yellow snake. Can I get an "amen" from my fellow-yellow brothers?

Amen!
:cool:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen :)

As stated above- cops love our color more than any others. Maybe it's because they can spot us from about a mile behind, and then they try to sneak up on us :mad:

Don't let that disuade you though, at the Viper gatherings our Yellows really stnad out!

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You have now completed the reality portion of the test that will allow you to enter the hallowed confines of the "Yellow Fever" club. Your next step is to complete your purchase of the Yellow beast. Move forward my young apprentice...your club card is just moments away :D

CStegall

clark, we all know that red is faster (we will see come june ;) )

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
garolittle,
Amen, my brother!
but you were invited.. the thread name question for yellow viper owners.
screams Garolittle!

this thread we didnt even have to highjack and make a yellow thread ;)

S

SUN RA KAT

As stated above- cops love our color more than any others. Maybe it's because they can spot us from about a mile behind, and then they try to sneak up on us :mad:

I had to pass an old Chevy truck going 30 MPH in a 55 MPH zone yesterday on a steep uphill 2 lane road and only had a little space before the double yellow line started again. I saw a car 'way up ahead coming down the hill, so I put my Yellow Viper into 2nd and put on my turn signal, pulled out into the left lane, and went to full throttle for about 3 seconds (only needed 1 second to pass him, though, but once you get going in a Viper...), put on my turn signal to get back in the right lane, and passed the car that was 'way up ahead going 88 MPH. That car hit the brakes as I passed it &amp; then I noticed that it was one of Ohio's finest (Oh-Oh!).

I never saw it try to catch me, but I took some country roads that were off the beaten path just in case...

Maybe he just smiled at my Yellow Viper passing properly, using turn signals when I changed lanes to go around a dangerously slow vehicle... :D

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 02 ACR Roe supercharged beast is for sale. all factory panels match perfect but I will say that if you look hard at the wing and front splitter there is a shade or 2 difference. I am sure a good paint shop could tint the paint to match. I just don't have the time to mess with it.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Pictures Guys. The Yellow's Look Great!!! I did not get yellow because of the attention it brings. I drive to often and park it so I do not want to have to worry all the time with yellow. I got the Sapphire Blue.

yellow94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I've been 'looked at' by my town's finest while I've been parked in a local lot. Probably just out of curiosity, but it's been noticed. To get back to the original question, I spent the last half hour looking at my 94 and do not see any discrepancy in the paint color between the front fascia, the hood, the trunk lid, or the side sills. In fact, this past winter I purchased a yellow hardtop originally from a 95 and do not see any variation in shade from my 94 'dandelion yellow' color. Just lucky??

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
garolittle,
Amen, my brother!
but you were invited.. the thread name question for yellow viper owners.
screams Garolittle!

this thread we didnt even have to highjack and make a yellow thread ;)

This is a good man. I think we should consider nominating him to be our first Fellow-Yellow Viper President.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Garolittle,
I would be honored to accept the nomination of Yellow Viper Owners (YVO) President.
I was one of the first to proclaim yellow fever.
My dealer/seller Bill P can attest to that.

But so not to alienate our fellow viper owners i ask in the famous words of
Rodney King "can't we all just get along?"

Of course, we can... we yellow owners are just faster, and better looking ... LOL :D
just kidding beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I love yellow fever... And it is really great now that so many.. but not too many have it.
i figure aprox 1028 minus any wrecks of course :( yellow vipers that includes 94,95&amp; 01 but not sure how many in 02 , buler, buler...anyone?
so are numers are limited but were a nice tight bunch....

:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala