question on possible viper 4 sale SCAM

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
been trying for days to get this guy to give me a phone # or address to see this car, the phone# on the add is no good wrong number, he keeps saying he is in europe and his cousin has the title keys and car, he insist on me giving a deposit of $3400 and he will ship me the car, if i like it then i pay the rest,
i said no way give me all the info and ill fly in and if it is what he says it is, ill pay right there and then, he wont give me no info, you guys think its a scam? i dont want others to fall 4 it ..
i'm new and looking for a gts viper to buy, have a boosted z06 right now .
the car in question is this one
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=162236904&dealer_id=&car_year=1999&make=DODGE&distance=any&max_price=41000&model=VIPER&end_year=2002&advcd_on=n&min_price=&address=33012&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1998&color=&cardist=1159

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, not to sound rude, but do you seriously freaking think, for even one second, this is anything but a SCAM? No offense but its a freaking no brainer. You send him the " deposit "....he disappears. You get NOTHING!!!

OP
OP
M

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know it has to be a scam but maybe someone from here got some info of the guy i didn't, or is also trying to buy it,
it looks sweet and a real good price.
maybe its some ones car from here and the guy ripped off the pics and its trying to scam others. and then we can report it to the trader and have them take the add down before someone gets screwed..

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search on the phone number attached to the add, this came back

McGovney, Wilena
7576 Gunn Pl
Mobile, AL 36619-9130
(251) 602-8287

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. And those are factory brakes, factory fascia, and a factory stereo system.

Mike

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it sounds too good to be true IT IS.

Total scam. Nice wheels though the front fascia has got to go plus th JL W7's in the trunk add like 150lbs to the car. There are plenty nice cars out there keep looking

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have seen pictures of that car before. I want to say it belongs to one of the guys on this site.

Personally, if it was my car, I would list everything that was done to it. HRE's, baer rotors, the splitter, the sound system, down to the infinite detail...

Just the fact that this "personal seller" has nothing to say with regards to the mods, and instead just quotes factory numbers like thy were cut and pasted from a Viper magazine article is reason enough to label it a scam.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The scammer has lifted pictures from here, a disconnected phone number, etc., etc. This same scenario has been used several times before. I would report it to eBay.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also 96 R/T look at the transmission - automatic??

and cylenders 12?

TOTAL SCAM

would be nice 25k for that car its a gen 1.5

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One place the description lists 2000 miles and another states 2500 -- what's the difference! El-scamo.

Just like shooting firecrackers:

Place on level ground.
Light fuse,
GET AWAY!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96