"Quick-Click" batter disconnect?

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of a way?

Someone on here a while ago had devised his own fabrication.

I checked auto parts stores, no dice (so far anyway). I want to be able to take positive cable off terminal in a raise of a small lever, or the like.

Picture the nut assembly at present, but instead with a small lever (or some other way) ... vs simply a nut, to more quickly disconnect than loosening that nut (in being able to take that cable off).

Something that tightens as you put the lever in a certain position. Kinda like a bicycle tire pump, when you flick the new style ones down into position (after putting hose over the valve) it clamps the pump hose's end tightly onto the tire valve.

Thanks for anyone that knows of such a piece (broadly sold).

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is great but not what I had in mind ONLY because of price. It is a leased Viper and up in like 3 months. Dodge failed to diag "the draw" on battery several times - gone through like 4 batteries. Do not want to pay over $5 or $10 for some terminal hookup ... because for $55, I would turn the nut. My g'friend is driving, that is why I do not want her getting in the trunk every AM and PM to lift the carpet and battery tray, and turn the nut and remove the cable (I already have the screws out of the tray for easy access). Car is no longer under warr and had it in Dodge shop 3 times for same problem. Thanks though ... may be my only choice but was not what that one guy used (I think he may very well have fabricated a piece himself though). You have to disconn this car's battery if not using it every single day (or it will be dead). If you disconnect it, you can leave it for many, many days ... and then re-hook it up and it will start with vigor.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score