Race the Base in Cold Lake AB. I see one Viper so far.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see the Viper nation is being represented. Would be a fun event. A bunch of my buddies are already there. The white Countach, orange Gallardo, red 911 turbo, red 348 and red 328 are all from Regina. Not sure who's Viper is there but Im sure it will do well. In case you havent heard this is a charioty event where you take your car and get to do a top speed run on the runway in Cold Lake AB where the air force does most of their training. It's a beautiful area and in fact it's where I picked up my first Viper. The owner was a fighter pilot who was training there. Here are a couple links with some pics from yesterday and a link to the event. I believe the Enzo will be racing an F-18 as the final race.

Race the Base - Day minus 1 - a set on Flickr

ZR Auto - Race The Base

Last edited:

squiderm3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering moving that way, this event could make the decision that much easier. Some incredible looking cars there!:omg:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is about 200 miles from where I grew up in the Bushes of Northern Saskatchewan. That crowd of cars would be impressive in any part of the world so I say wow, way to go! I mean if people knew how remote this really is, they would stand up and cheer. Come on, a Saleen S7, a MC12 Maseratti, an Enzo, etc., etc. It is in the middle of nowhere. Like assembling this crew in Siberia. Almost makes me want to move back. Well........almost! Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

I guess the morale of the story is the Tar Sands have been very good to some in Alberta!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang