raced my Viper VS my bike (R1)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on a "closed track" of course!!

I got a 2005 R1 with stage 2 cams now keep in mind this race was a little "unfair" since my R1 is not broken in yet and I cant push her past half throttle.

I drove my bike and my friend drove the snake, we went from 40 to 140 and when we went off the car bolted ahead by about 1/2 car, and pulled slowly on me and by 140 the car was just a hair under a full car away from me and we both shut down.

Second race, I got better "reaction time" and got a slight edge on the jump but the car stayed on the side of me until about 80 then again slowly started pulling me and by 140 was about a half a car ahead.

Third race was almost exactly like the second.

4th race, he spun pretty badly from a 40 roll (stock kind of bald tires) and I shut down because I wanted to really race and see not just claim a win.

5th race, we went from 60 and that was more of an issue for the bike, the car pulled on the bike the HARDEST from this roll, the end result of that one was about a car ahead of me at the end.

Just to give you guys a little backround on the 2

The viper's last dyno was 515.2 RWHP and 607.2 RWTQ on a 96+ degree day with 90 something humidity. (mods in sig + a few more)

2005 R1 ONLY dyno was 193 RWHP and 101 RWTQ (not yet broken in)

I know what everyone must be thinking Bike Vs car and cars not blown or turbo and the bike lost it must be driver well your WRONG the driver edge WITHOUT a doubt went to me, I been on bikes since I was 9 years old and the driver of the viper was "decent".

Now im not saying my snakes faster then an R1(its not) but with the handicap of the bike not broken in the snake won the day (5 times) but it will be a totally diffrent story when the R1 is broken in.

Chuckdoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New on this forum, but not new to bikes. I would agree that this is a lopsided test. As a motorcycle rider, you know that the power on the R1 is not being tapped near as much with only being able to go half throttle. I'd say, like most sportbikes, the R1 gets most of its torque and power near redline (unless you've had it severely detuned). That being said, I think your R1 will blow the doors of most cars this side of 200k after properly broken in. Let us know if you repeat after a break-in period.

P.S. Did you actually DYNO a non-broke-in sportbike?

Seeya

Chuckdoc

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New on this forum, but not new to bikes. I would agree that this is a lopsided test. As a motorcycle rider, you know that the power on the R1 is not being tapped near as much with only being able to go half throttle. I'd say, like most sportbikes, the R1 gets most of its torque and power near redline (unless you've had it severely detuned). That being said, I think your R1 will blow the doors of most cars this side of 200k after properly broken in. Let us know if you repeat after a break-in period.

P.S. Did you actually DYNO a non-broke-in sportbike?

Seeya

Chuckdoc

I dident no, but the idiots I bought it from did (without me knowing)

I agree with you if it was broken in (as much as I love my snake) the viper has had it lol

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry bro, but if that bike has been dyoned to redline at WOT(which it has to get those #s) then its as broken in as it's going to get. Go rag on it!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With you 200RWHP R1 number it should have destroyed your 600rwtq viper.. u know how to ride???

G

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have made it 2 blocks from the shop, your bike is broken in. Break em' in loose, thats the way they make the most horsepower :)

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Travis/Daddy

I dident know that, now that I do (and when it stops raining) its balls to the wall.

Gerald

I have been riding bikes since the age of 9 I can outdrive almost anyone I have ever met on a bike (car is another story for now) the issue was I was so afraid to break something with (so I thought) it not being broken in I dident really "mash it" and most sport bikes make power in the upper Rpm which I dident bring her up to.

Now that I know were gonna do it again and this time hopefully film it.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Travis/Daddy

I dident know that, now that I do (and when it stops raining) its balls to the wall.

Gerald

I have been riding bikes since the age of 9 I can outdrive almost anyone I have ever met on a bike (car is another story for now) the issue was I was so afraid to break something with (so I thought) it not being broken in I dident really "mash it" and most sport bikes make power in the upper Rpm which I dident bring her up to.

Now that I know were gonna do it again and this time hopefully film it.

STUGOTS, I would not be surprised if you said that you raced your bike with the car and you were driving both at the same time. "I can out drive almost anyone."
One more thing, is it at all possible that you really and truly do not know how to spell "didn't"?

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
breaking in is overrated. I went to the HD plant a couple years ago and they took and ran every bike to read line right off the assembly line.

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
You can do a breakin on the dyno.
I do it in 125 miles. Even though I have modified the process, it is still basically the same.
The 1000-1500 miles is for people who don't know what a light/medium load is, a quick burst of acceleration, etc........., nor have faith in themselves to learn it.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stu,

there is a site that explains about break in. It's a damn MYTH.. LOL! Ride it like you stole it ;)

Gerald

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STUGOTS, I would not be surprised if you said that you raced your bike with the car and you were driving both at the same time. "I can out drive almost anyone."
One more thing, is it at all possible that you really and truly do not know how to spell "didn't"?

blah blah blah your getting old with that get some new material (that OTHERS have not come up with and make some of your own)

**** I'll be the FIRST to admit it I can't spell to save my a$$, now im dissing myself so you HAVE TO get some new shyt.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well im sure glad I started this the info on break in from you guys and the links was well worth it.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STUGOTS:please remove your unheardOF SIG.dyno Numbers.
If their true,were all jealous,and your freak motor should be destroyed.If not,you SuckaBIGegg.
I'm sure you could edge an R1 with me driving!
:D

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS.I've got a 99R/T with all mods you have (-VEC 2)and have best of 455RW.I could see a freak 96-97 with same mods getting close to 500RW,but Truely think you've been SKUNKED by your dyno shop.
Here's a perty story,a local dyno shop owner who mostly does Supras,asked the viper guy,how does this sound,he said too high,then this,getting better,finally agreed on something normal.***!
After that,I know dyno's #'s can easily be EDITED,just like this post!!!

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toofast

my dyno #'s are not in my sig.

My #'s were done on 2 diffrent dynojets and came out within a few hp/tq of one another, of course outside temp depending.

the fact that you have minus the vec 2 may be the reason you dont have the power I do, your a Roe distributor see what Sean claims can be gained from the vec 2 (its more then the power diffrence beteween our 2 cars)

So if you have 455RW WITHOUT the vec 2 what do you think the vec 2 would gain?? after hours upon hours of extensive dyno time to make the max SAFE power possible?

besides I cant take ANY credit from the power my "freak" is making its all ROE Racing (for the awesome parts) the Wizard (for the installs) and Bill @ Vos (for the hours hes spent with me on the dyno fine tuning her) I dont do anything but drive her (and not well at that).

I made more then 455RWHP and 560RWTQ on a MUSTANG dyno at over 100 outside that coupled with that fact that I went to 2 diffrent dynojets in 2 diffrent states and they were in the same neighborhood of one another I'd say its safe to say its putting down those kind of #'s.

I bought water/**** from Sean last week and after I get that installed (one of only a handful of people to put it on a N/A car) and bump the timing I should pull a few more ponys out of her.

P.S. there are a few more people on this site with my mods and the same power and I believe 2 with more power then I currently have with 1 LESS mod (headers if I remember correctly not that headers gave me **** for a SOTP)

1 is HOLD TYTE and the other I believe is KendricGTS (sp?)

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread cracks me up. It is utterly stupid.

When I did my "break in" after I did the engine swap in my Mustang, it consisted of driving the like 2 blocks to the interstate on-ramp before I floored it.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When I did my "break in" after I did the engine swap in my Mustang, it consisted of driving the like 2 blocks to the interstate on-ramp before I floored it.

yea im seeing more and more people say thats exactly what they did as well.

I honestly diden't know but when the rain stops im gonna "drive it like I stole it"

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots,

You know your dyno numbers are getting higher I believe. Wasnt it like 508 hp and just under 600lb's torque not to long ago?

Oh and another thing factory viper injectors are only good for 480 rwhp without a bump in fuel pressure, just helping you out next time you want to fabricate some results.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I honestly diden't know but when the rain stops im gonna "drive it like I stole it"

The reason for the break-in period is that car/bike dealers can get you to come in at like 1500 miles for a service. It's their way of getting you nice and lubed up for the eventual butt-reaming that they will do to you for "service."

And come on, there is no E in didn't. I am not the type that corrects people use of grammar or spelling, but come on!!

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots,

You know your dyno numbers are getting higher I believe. Wasnt it like 508 hp and just under 600lb's torque not to long ago?

Oh and another thing factory viper injectors are only good for 480 rwhp without a bump in fuel pressure, just helping you out next time you want to fabricate some results.

Russ what took you so long??? Everytime I make a thread Im just waiting for you to post becuase your on my d!ck so much You'd think were married.

First of all dyno #'s change slightly from dyno to dyno and outside temps have alot to do with it as well being that "you have been to so many dyno days" surely you should know this.

its funny last time you talked your shyt I gave you a list of people (wish I still had the list now) who had around the same power with the same mods (as amtter of fact I just mentioned 2 of them) why dident you pm them or post and call them liars?? or they used a fisher price dyno? Because you want to break my balls and mine alone.

No idea why you have this thing for me and no one else to spike the fact that others are claiming the same thing as me and some even a little more, You know Russ if people went back and looked at all my posts and see that you post EVERYTIME people would think the same thing I do thats its 1 of 2 things.

1. You are just an idiot who has no more joy in life then to break b@lls because he feels like dog **** about himself

OR

maybe..............................................

7061your_a_homo-med.jpg

and if THATS the case you may enjoy a nice warm bowl of...................

7061foodeat7.jpg

Look guys I posted this because I thought you guys might like to hear about what went on NOT to get my balls broken here, if you guys enjoy the story great if you dont ki$$ my a$$ and dont read it and MOVE the f**k on, and if my cars a freak im not complaining at all.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The reason for the break-in period is that car/bike dealers can get you to come in at like 1500 miles for a service. It's their way of getting you nice and lubed up for the eventual butt-reaming that they will do to you for "service."

And come on, there is no E in didn't. I am not the type that corrects people use of grammar or spelling, but come on!!

LMAO ohhh I did not even realize I did that LMAO besides I cant spell to save my life and everyone here knows it so why hide it lol.

Also I wanna say thanks to the guys who dident break ball$ and gave me alot of useful info on break in THANKS alot for that guys because now that I know im gonna tear the streets up with that R1.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
R1's are nice bikes. I haven't actually driven one, but I have sat on one and it seems comfortable. A friend of mine has one (2003, I believe), and loves it. I personally liked the feel of the CBR900RR that I had a little better, but the R1 was almost as nice, in my opinion.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STU,

Were all just envious we have weak cars and are not making that power. :D

Seriously it does not seem to add up, but hey you could just have a unusually strong car!!

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STU,

Were all just envious we have weak cars and are not making that power. :D

Seriously it does not seem to add up, but hey you could just have a unusually strong car!!

Envious??? with the power your making??

im the one who's envious lol

Maybe she is just strong (I'd like to think so) but if you look at peoples signs around here enough you'll see its not common but its sure not the only one.

Besides I cant take any credit for her its the top guys Roe racing,Wizard and VOS.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gen I only makes that on the juice!! After Heads, Cam, Long Tube Headers, larger injectors and a fresh rebuild it only made 469 RWHP and 550 RWTQ all motor. I know it is a gen I so it started with less, it only made 376 RWHP and 450 RWTQ when it was stock with just tubes, filters and exhaust. I would love 500 NA RWHP! :2tu:

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gen I only makes that on the juice!! After Heads, Cam, Long Tube Headers, larger injectors and a fresh rebuild it only made 469 RWHP and 550 RWTQ all motor. I know it is a gen I so it started with less, it only made 376 RWHP and 450 RWTQ when it was stock with just tubes, filters and exhaust. I would love 500 NA RWHP! :2tu:

I cant wait to see what she makes after the water/**** and some timing bump