raced my Viper VS my bike (R1)

Chuckdoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know much about Harleys but most Japanese sportbikes are higher compression and run at closer tolerances. My 919 uses the 900rr sportbike engine that's bullet proof. Even after my break in procedure (taken it easy on rpms, riding at different rpms in lower range, etc. -see any cycleforums or other motorcycle thread invloving breakin) My first oil change showed metal shavings from crankcase. I would NOT want to be going 'balls to the wall' with that in there. Because of my personal history with new sportbikes, I don't consider it a myth. Dunno about cars.

My 2 cents,

p.s. at least this isn't a genI/II vs genIII thread! lol

chuckdoc

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Im grateful for all info on this subject

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots,

The reason I ignore those other people is simple.

A) They still made no where near the power your claim to make.

B) They dont make a post every other week claiming their fruit filled numbers.

C) Some of them used the same dyno facility as your self, and its obvious to anyone except your self why their numberes as yours are so exceptional.

Have a good day.

PS. Nice pic of Punch, why are you posting your desktop pictures here?

PSS. Please tell us how that soup is, unlike your self I dont know what [******] tastes like.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots,

The reason I ignore those other people is simple.

A) They still made no where near the power your claim to make.

B) They dont make a post every other week claiming their fruit filled numbers.

C) Some of them used the same dyno facility as your self, and its obvious to anyone except your self why their numberes as yours are so exceptional.

Have a good day.

PS. Nice pic of Punch, why are you posting your desktop pictures here?

PSS. Please tell us how that soup is, unlike your self I dont know what [******] tastes like.

A. there are people who made MORE power the I have look at HOLD TYTE's car for example. Look it up, ohh thats right I remember a post where he told you himself and you chose to "not respond"

B. This post had NOTHING to do with my Dyno #'s but about my race beteween my bike and car I just told the #'s so people knew how the 2 compared.

C.who used the same dyno?? Vos? its a mustang dyno thats for tuning not to get actual #'s I did that on a local dynojet and I dont remember saying the name of the shop so how do you know "others have used the same Facility"? and explain whats so obvious to others and not me why the dyno #'s at VOS are so "exceptional" because since its a mustang dyno I think they look LOW and I think many would agree.

the simple solution to this little ******* match that you ALWAYS want to get in with me is just stop posting in my threads and I will not post in yours simple as that.

Have a sh!tty day

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you know what Russ im really sick of this ******* match with you that seems to screw up EVERY single thread I see that your on right now (searching through old threads just to break more ball$) why dont we just go into the chat room and talk in real time and anyone who wants can join and see exactly whats being said. simple

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ here is the 1 example I will give you for now.

Hold TYTE's info (hope he does not mind)

John Walker
St. Charles, IL

98 Silver GTS
11.79@ 119,, 1.89 60 ft.
485hp/543 torque on mustang dyno

-- Bellanger Headers, no cats, Borla mufflers, Vec2, stock Pilots.

Now after speaking with him a few times I learned that he has NOT had his Vec 2 "dialed in" so theres more power to be made there, not to mention the mods that I have and he does not. IMO if he matched me mod for mod he would have well over the power that I do, AND lets not forge those #'s were on a MUSTANG dyno.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made 461.2 RWHP and 572.3 on a mustang dyno, so judging that the 2 mustang dyno's are close (that I honestly don't know) the on a dynojet he WOULD have more hp then me but I'd have him beat on TQ but also look at how many more mods I have so I'd say hes better off power wise then I am.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots,

You seem to think I am out to get you, far from the truth. If your car could really make the power your saying it would be fantastic and would mean the whole viper comunity has been completly wrong when it came to certain mods.

I have seen these kinds of threads on almost every car forum, and there is always some guy that has unbelievable numbers and no one can convince him otherwise. The most recent one was on the z forums, the guy made 40 more hp than every other car with the same mods. He was so proud of him self and had a great time untill he showed up at a z club dyno day. Where he proceded to make 50hp less than he thought and the exact power what everyone else made.

I hope you are not wrong and that would mean that all of us can get 65hp and 100lb's. But common sense dictates that you will find out soon enough and I hope you will man enough to admit that you were wrong and dynos lie severly.

From rockers and headers.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots,

You seem to think I am out to get you, far from the truth. If your car could really make the power your saying it would be fantastic and would mean the whole viper comunity has been completly wrong when it came to certain mods.

I have seen these kinds of threads on almost every car forum, and there is always some guy that has unbelievable numbers and no one can convince him otherwise. The most recent one was on the z forums, the guy made 40 more hp than every other car with the same mods. He was so proud of him self and had a great time untill he showed up at a z club dyno day. Where he proceded to make 50hp less than he thought and the exact power what everyone else made.

I hope you are not wrong and that would mean that all of us can get 65hp and 100lb's. But common sense dictates that you will find out soon enough and I hope you will man enough to admit that you were wrong and dynos lie severly.

From rockers and headers.

Russ after a few of you guys told me it was "unheard of" I did 2 things

1. some research on here and found that while it is pretty uncommon its not unheard of.

2. I went to ANOTHER dynojet out of state (I was out there visiting family with the snake anyways)with the same results (with a few hp/tq diffrence of course)

Russ to be honest I DID think you were out to get me im glad to know that its not that way.

As far as proof thats now 3 dyno's in 3 diffrent states (2 dynojets and 1 mustang dyno) plus ATLEAST 2 other people with around the same results so I think its safe to say that while being uncommon its NOT unheard of.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stu, do you recommend the Vipaire system for extra power and torque?

LMAO

I have it on but dont know if it adds power.

back before I knew all dyno's were diffrent and outside temps made a diffrence I thought I gained a few but now I doubt it. looks cool tho.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aside from your questionable numbers, what the h3ll is the point to your original post. I mean really, if your just telling a story about what you did on the weekend fine. But it would seem to me that you are trying to make some kinda point about either your Vipers performance or your bikes. All which is mute, because you raced your car with your bike that wasn't broken in (that's another questionable one. Who races bike from the age nine and doesn't already know about breakin periods. Drive it like you stole it, just don't forget to change your oil much sooner than normal), so you could only twist it half open! Your subject line should have read "raced my Viper VS my bike (R1), but only at half throttle because my bike isn't broken in yet."

:confused:

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from your questionable numbers, what the h3ll is the point to your original post. I mean really, if your just telling a story about what you did on the weekend fine. But it would seem to me that you are trying to make some kinda point about either your Vipers performance or your bikes. All which is mute, because you raced your car with your bike that wasn't broken in (that's another questionable one. Who races bike from the age nine and doesn't already know about breakin periods. Drive it like you stole it, just don't forget to change your oil much sooner than normal), so you could only twist it half open! Your subject line should have read "raced my Viper VS my bike (R1), but only at half throttle because my bike isn't broken in yet."

:confused:

no point to be made at ALL from this post it was just to let everyone know what went on this weekend.

"Who races bike from the age nine and doesn't already know about breakin periods" you think at age 9 I bought a brand new bike?????????????????

I have owned many MANY bikes in my life but this is my first brand spanking new one so what? the rest were used so this is the first time im dealing with break in so I dident know.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony...you make the same power and torque as my 8# blower car! Lets meet at whatever shop you used...I'd love to break in my 10# pulley THERE!!! :)

the 2 shops that the dynojets were know NOTHING about the vec 2 or vipers at all for that matter (one thought there was a viper that had turbos), I just wanted baseline #'s since I use VOS for all my tuning the car was already tuned.

with that #8 what other mods did you have?

hey I cant help it if my car is a beast.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone (I believe it was kenH) awhile back after another thread like this about my #'s said he thought it was the vec 2 that was making the power since not many N/A cars have the Vec 2 and all the ones that do seem to make a bit more power then the rest after some fine tuning. Either way im not complaining

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no point to be made at ALL from this post it was just to let everyone know what went on this weekend.
I hope you had fun!

you think at age 9 I bought a brand new bike?????????????????
No, I said raced bikes FROM the age of nine....till now I assume? I don't recall saying anything about you buying a bike at age 9.

I have owned many MANY bikes in my life but this is my first brand spanking new one so what? the rest were used so this is the first time im dealing with break in so I dident know.
Fair enough!

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm harsh thread lol. Hey any time a Viper beats anything, could be a hot wheels car... i'm more then glad
Also that break in web site makes sence to me
and if there's any doubt, wiat for these DIY Kits from Paolo and Heff to come up, especially Paolo's with upgraded Turbo's should able to nab almost any bike. Surley eveyone remembers Gary Javo's stomp on the turbo Busa. Not to discredit the bike either, but i'm a pro-Viper guy for sure. :D

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You mean we can do that? Just post any old BS that went on and someone might read it? Well, um, I got up around 8:30 and had some cereal, and then I sat down and read the paper. Hold on a minute; this is gonna take a while. I'm gonna go get some food and I'll be right back.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO this is hilarious, They seem to like bustin your balls STU.
If it makes any difference I believe you, 99 RT/10's are the best, but then again i'm biased because I have the same car only Black. Although I have almost the exact same mods. Its goin on the dyno in 2 weeks because I have to tune it for the nitrous but i'll let you know what numbers I put down. LOL

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
StugEE,just don't post those #'s in the GenIII forum,you'll have some ******* in a bunch:)

Don't take much over there.

Flame on lol (yes I saw the fantastic 4 lol)

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO this is hilarious, They seem to like bustin your balls STU.
If it makes any difference I believe you, 99 RT/10's are the best, but then again i'm biased because I have the same car only Black. Although I have almost the exact same mods. Its goin on the dyno in 2 weeks because I have to tune it for the nitrous but i'll let you know what numbers I put down. LOL

The key is to tune the vec 2 extensivly THATS the diffrence maker.

Maybe you shoulden't post your #'s you might get your balls busted next lol.