Racing Jack

Skyhawk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've visited this site, but a few months ago, there was some discussion about the best prices on floor jacks. I happened to notice that at Harbor Freight and Salvage, there is a 3000# capacity aluminum racing jack on sale. Usually it is $199, and until October 9th it is $139. This is just a bit lower sale price than I have seen in the past. If anybody is interested, I can forward an e-mail format coupon that will get another $10 off, so the total price is $129 + tax. My e-mail is [email protected]. Please do not use the mailbox within the VCA site to get hold of me as I do not log in unless I have something to say, so I will not know if I received mail.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also just saw that Sears Craftsman has a similar aluminum jack with 4000# capacity, 3-3/4" min, 43lbs for $199.99.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw this today at Sam's, seems the same as the HF unit. 3000lb etc. $132
198DCP_7596.JPG

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I checked out that jack at Sam's. I am 99% sure it is the same exact jack (or darn close) that Harbor Freight sells. Right now, the price is $149 at HB. $132 at Sam's. The $10 coupon is only good if you purchase at a HF retail location. Even so, Sam's is the cheapest. If you do order from HB over the net, only a $5.95 handeling charge. No shipping.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought one at Sams. It seems to be a good jack. the thing is light!

Max

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one & have had problems with bolts coming apart, loctite them if you are using @ the track

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craftsman's 4000lb. aluminum jack is now at $179. I haven't checked it out yet, butit might be better quality then the HF piece.

You must be registered for see images

Scorch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought one from Harbor Freight and one from Sam's Club. They are the same jack. The only difference is that the HF jack has lift handles on both sides. The Sam's Club jack only has one lift handle. Other than that they are identical.

Reaction score
I kind of went a different route. I wanted the most applicable jack for working on a Viper so I bought the DK13HLQ

http://www.asedeals.com/hydraulicjacks2.html

Pros: 3.1" at low point and lifts to 29.2"
(works well under low cars like the viper and if you are burly like I am it is hard to fit under a car raised only 20" like most jacks)

Cons: HEAVY (weight 87#)
Price about $400 ~~~ though in the purchase of tools that last for years I'm less inclined to worry about price and more inclined to see how the tool will ease my life)

With the 3.1" lowered height, friends with lowered sports cars are all ready asking to use it. With the other jacks I have to drive the Viper up on a two by four to lift the frame up to use the jacks. I guess only each individual can decide if the extra cost and weight outweigh the inconvenience of having to use the 2 X 4. The 29" lift height is what ultimately sold me. I do like to have roon to work under the car. I bought jackstands that can hold the car up to 28 inches high. Much easier and less claustraphobic to work on it now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang