Racing Seat Belts for 96 Viper GTS

RIch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to add 5 point or 6 point belts to my Viper for track days. Does anyone have any experience with this addition in a GTS? I have seen the Howto on the website and it is very useful. However, I want to insure that the GTS will have the anchor holes and also want to get a good idea of the length belts to use. Anybody done this addition?

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team Techs Padded about $350 from JonB at PartsRack. You just need to get the eyebolts, real easy install.

But cutting the holes in the back pannels and getting them to line up is the real fiasco.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the HOW TO section... they show the size to cut. Look at an ACR that has much larger cut-out.

Team Techs (and others) use a 3 inch belt on a 2 inch retainer. It's just a real pain to make major adjustments to the harness with the interior installed.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car has all the anchor holes, no problem. Cutting the back panel hurt (the only mod I've done to my car I can't undo) but worked out fine.

Jon B's Team Techs came with everything needed. Suggest getting the 5 / 6 point option or just the 6 point. I got both and much prefer the 6 point as it really holds you down.

Easy install if you take your time and follow the directions. When the belts are behind the seat, nobody knows they're there.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the Team Tech 6 points in my '96 GTS last summer. I am anal compusive so I spent the better part of a weekend doing it. I cut the smallest holes possible in the back panel, but if I were to do it again I would make them larger. I had a hard time getting some of the interior panels to line up with the screw holes when replacing them as well. All in all it was worth the effort.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the 6 point TeamTechs from Jon B.

Follow the directions in the How To section as suggested but make the holes bigger than suggested...especially wider and also a little longer. The belts are easier to adjust that way.

Don't worry about making the holes...you will make more when you install the rollbar!

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used Sabelt 6 point. They have the 3" retainers and come with all of the necessary hardware. Great belts used by Ferrari F1 and many other first line racing teams. :2tu: