Radiator cooling ducts photos

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was searching but could not find them.
I am talking about the ones that go at the bottom of the front fascia (bumper).
and any other modificaion that improves cooling.
Thanks.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

In the ROE instructions, it says to bend the radiator plastic duct down and mount it to the metal piece that will form the new 'lip' outside the fascia. It looks like you mounted the metal piece to the fascia, but not to the black plastic radiator duct. Any particular reason?

I was thinking about mounting the new metal 'lip' component with screws/nuts instead of rivits so that I could remove the fasica. Riviting it to the black plastic would seem to make the fasica a more permanent install.

Another interesting thing from the photos, the Gen1 fascia lip is significantly smaller than the Gen2. I would guess that the lip underneath my Gen1 fascia is less than 1/2" tall.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

In the ROE instructions, it says to bend the radiator plastic duct down and mount it to the metal piece that will form the new 'lip' outside the fascia. It looks like you mounted the metal piece to the fascia, but not to the black plastic radiator duct. Any particular reason?

I was thinking about mounting the new metal 'lip' component with screws/nuts instead of rivits so that I could remove the fasica. Riviting it to the black plastic would seem to make the fasica a more permanent install.

Another interesting thing from the photos, the Gen1 fascia lip is significantly smaller than the Gen2. I would guess that the lip underneath my Gen1 fascia is less than 1/2" tall.

I am not familiar with why you say the black plastic is supposed to fasten to the aluminum piece. I carefully formed mine to meet the aluminum angle that curves with the opening and braces the chin spoiler. But the black plastic is not attached to any of that mess. Maybe it's a Gen 1 thing? :dunno:

All that you see there, the fascia and the Roe aluminum components, go on and off the car as a unit. Just as if there was no mods to the fascia.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. Here's a picture of the plastic lip. I haven't heated it to bend it down. There must be a difference between Gen1 & Gen2 in that area. The fascia underside lip is different for certain.

ROE_Fascia_Kit_Lip_compressed.JPG

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TexasPettey, I used some part of the internal ducting to make the chin spoiler I have. By cutting the appropriate part in the right way, it became the spoiler. I know I didn't bend one.

Notice I also cut the hole in the fascia farther rearward than you did. And because mine's low, it scrapes and rusts occasionally.
IM000041.JPG