Radio Problem...Factory System

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all. Today, the radio in my GTS will not work correctly and I am wondering if there is a "reset" button on it like many aftermarket systems. When I press the "Mode" button to adjust the treble, bass, etc...then press the rocker switch on the right side of the radio..it moves the CD to the next track or sends the radio to the next station..depending on whether the radio or a CD is playing. I know that it will only stay on "bass", for example, for a moment...but this is just not working correctly. It will switch the display to "treble", but when the rocker switch is pressed it will forward the CD anyway. Before I pull the radio out, I'd like to know about the reset button...and where I need to send it to get it repaired under warranty. Thanks!!

OP
OP
M

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh geez...you might be right. I'll have to check when I get home. I have been doing somewhat absent minded things since I got a new daily driver (2002 Mustang GT) around Labor Day. Ya know, like trying to find reverse down and to the right in the Viper. When using the radio, what I was doing sure SEEMED right. I never even thought that I was doing the radio thing worng...maybe the owner's manual would have helped.
Thanks!!!

OP
OP
M

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulysses---you were right on! (I am now sitting in the corner with my Duncecap on.) I simply can't get over that I forgot how that radio works...geez. But, I am glad it's okay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96