Randon Tech Exhaust???

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am about to purchase a cat back exhaust setup for my 98 GTS. I plan on going with a set of headers, high flow cats and either the Corsa's or the Random Tech exhaust. I heard the corsa kit in person and I really like the sound of it. But I have heard good things about the Random Tech. Looking for any info regarding interior resonance? I know the Corsa has none, any input on the random techs? Just trying to convince myself the Corsa is $500 better thats all.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had rt exhaust and cats for a year I really like the sound,drone isnt bad but I never had corsa so take it for what its worth.I will say I noticed no decrease in sill heat I did not measure with anything other than my hand, so not really scientific.
JonB set me up I would do it again but I would like a before and after temp reading just to know for sure.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goldcup, the heat comment is interesting, I have a friend who has the RT Cats and you can put your hands right on the sills without being burned, I can not do that with stock cats.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LeeLand, thanks for bringing your car out to the cruise. I am thinking of buying the RT muffler back system and installing Dynomax 4"x20" round mufflers with the RT cats. I've heard sound clips of the Dynomax, and they had a nice deeper tone.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 98 GTS had a stock headers, Roe sc, Roe Hi-flo cats and Random Tech exhaust. You could put your hands on the side sills no problem. The idle sound was tough, but quieted at cruise. Drone started somewhwere after 2200rpm, but with the Roe I never cruised over 1600rpm. WOT was not very loud compared to Corsa.

My 01 GTS is also Roe sc'd has headers, Corsa track w/o cats. It is LOUD. Idles loud and can be heard for a mile under throttle, but it does cruise quietly under 2,000rpm.

Ted

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Random Tech cats and cat back. Love em both. Sound is awesome, no drone while cruising on the freeway, although you can hear a deep quiet rumble out back. I really like it, and wouldn't go with any other exhaust if I were to do it again, even if the Corsas were cheaper. JonB set me up.

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LeeLand, thanks for bringing your car out to the cruise. I am thinking of buying the RT muffler back system and installing Dynomax 4"x20" round mufflers with the RT cats. I've heard sound clips of the Dynomax, and they had a nice deeper tone.

Thanks for organizing the cruise. I am always up for a reason to ride around. As for the exhuast if you are going to do that just buy the whole random tech cat back instead of just the rear muffler section.

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are there 2 different styles of the Corsa exhaust? I know some guys say theirs is quieter than others. I know for a fact that the Corsa is loud under WOT? Some say theirs is not. Is there a track version and regular or something.

Leeland

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have random tech hi flo cats and exhuast and B&B headers. the note is very nice. outside it is loud but not too loud. I do have drone though inside. as for heat my sills get very warm but won't burn unless you leave skin on there for a while. they have gotten very hot at the track though. i had racing tape melt to the sills. i won't do that again.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT does sound nice, I will give them that. But like others have said, my sills got very hot! So hot my sills discolored from the heat.
I am sure they make a good product but to get them to warranty my cats was near impossible. In fact they didn't.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Belanger/Random/Corsa setup sounds great. Loud and mean at WOT, nice idle, quiet enough cruising in 5th or 6th gear. Should have been my first mod.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might have to do some looking into my exhaust as after a long drive there is no touching of the sills or at least not laying your hands on them.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I might have to do some looking into my exhaust as after a long drive there is no touching of the sills or at least not laying your hands on them.

In the mean time you can try adding side sill vents. They cooled my sills down considerably even with an all stock exhaust.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leeland...I ordered the RT exhaust from JonB yesterday. It should arrive sometime by the end of next week. I'll let you know when the performance shop is going to install it so you can come over and see what it's all about. I'm going to do a before and after dyno run also.

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats funny, I ordered a set from Jon B about a week ago also. So maybe I will let you know how it sounds first.:D

I did the random tech catback/hiflow cats package that he was offering. I will be doing the install in my garage so if you want to stop by you are more than welcome. Will let you know when it shows up.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the mean time you can try adding side sill vents. They cooled my sills down considerably even with an all stock exhaust.

Which side-sill vents did you go with? DC Performance, PartsRack or the slotted vents for sale on eBay? Can you post pics? Thanks.

Hoop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks like your car may be lowered in your sig... If so, I had a buddy with some clearance issues from time to time scraping speed bumps and driveways with the Corsa... Not sure how rare that is and not sure if they've changed it.

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not really sure what part of the exhaust could actually hit anything. For the most part the exhuast is covered up by other parts of the car? Strange..

Hoop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Corsa he had on his 01 GTs had 2 cylinder mufflers. At their lowest point, they are lower than the sock muffler.. at least they were in '03, unless it's been redesigned. I promise i'm not making it up. Maybe someone has pics.

FlyBy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anybody do the install? Results? Dyno?? Any sound clips appreciated. I'm considering this myself but leaning towards Corsa. Thanks.

vipervegas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with RT cats (ceramic) and corsa catback (no drone:D). It sounds badass. My only regret is not trying cat delete and corsa first:dunno:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered the Corsa catback exhaust with the RT Hi-Flow Cats from JonB last week.. will be installed on the 12th and I'm very excited! :2tu:

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the install today but I could not get the dyno run done. Seat of the pants, it feels like much better throttle response though. I do like the sound, it's low like the Borla but a little different. I only got a sound clip on the cell phone so it souns like crap. The install was painless and very easy. It took 2 of us 4 hours including welding the reducers on. There is more drone than stock at about 3000 RPM, but with the 3.55 gears, 65 MPH in 6'th is actually very quiet. Most impressive to me is the rumble at initial start, it just sounds stronger. I do recommend this set up. I installed new Random Tech cats and Cat Back with X-Pipe.

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You beat me to the punch, I will probably install mine on Monday. I was working in the barn all day today and I am doing the mothers day thing tomorrow.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a good compliment on the new random Tech exhaust today. I started the car with my daughter (22 years old) in the garage to let her hear it. When I shut off the car her comment was "nice, it sounds like your old car". Well the "old" car was a nicely built 440 6-pack Challenger! While I don't think it has the rumble of that car, at idle it does have the deeper tone I was after.

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How does the new exhuast sound???

Don't make me beat you...you know it's not installed yet.:D

The side sills are off and old exhaust is sitting on the ground. I may actually install it tomorrow. I was debating on headers or not. And if I did headers I was going to wait to do the motor mounts then. I have that SVS shifter here as well, and I think a ROE fan kit and some other stuff.