RB1 Upgrade

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be aware that you will need to cut into the glove box if you want to install the adapter above the glove box. I could not get myself to do that, so mine is sitting inside the glove box for now. I have heard of an install on top of/behind the two middle air vents, but you need to take the dashboard out. Have not seen any detailed instructions for that... If anyone has more info, please post!

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about just laying mine in the glovebox without cutting...since I'll have the RB1, no need to mess with the iPod once I connect it...and I don't keep anything in the glovebox anyway, so I think I'll be okay.

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about just laying mine in the glovebox without cutting...since I'll have the RB1, no need to mess with the iPod once I connect it...and I don't keep anything in the glovebox anyway, so I think I'll be okay.

You can do that, but the iPod adapter box is so large that I had to store my owner's manual in the trunk. :omg:

Registration is with the manual, and I don't look forward to being pulled over and having to tell the cop that I need to open the trunk to get to the registration...:D

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you can't just mount the box in the dash somewhere behind the head-unit, or is the cable not long enough? I keep my registration in the console anyway, so I'll be okay either way.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mounted the ipod controller to the wire loom crossing above the glove box. I mounted it as far right as possible. I needed to take roughly 1/2 in off the corner of the glove box rear panel. Just cut with a metal hacksaw blade and file/sand smooth. You cant even tell and the box is completely out of sight.

Be aware that you will need to cut into the glove box if you want to install the adapter above the glove box. I could not get myself to do that, so mine is sitting inside the glove box for now. I have heard of an install on top of/behind the two middle air vents, but you need to take the dashboard out. Have not seen any detailed instructions for that... If anyone has more info, please post!

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, 20% off sounds like not being too far off the mark.:rolleyes: NAV disks fall out of date all the time, and suprise, it doesnt stop the units from working, just means you wont have all the newest (usually obscure) roads that have been added since the last disk.:smirk:

In the end I know neither of you, but I honestly believe an RB1 in good/great condition is EASILY worth 500-525. And hell I hate Rb1s. But I sold mine for $600 used with one of those 'out dated disks'.

Leave the guy alone, he didnt want to sell it for your price, you dont have to troll him.

buzz off. I cant stand guys who low ball..

Jon

Who died and made you king?

Don't attempt to dismiss me. I have not violated any terms of service here, nor was I rude with my replies to the person derailing the thread with attempt to sell a product OUTSIDE of the classifieds.

Now, the deal I had with the seller didn't work out, but that didn't necessitate me being labelled a waste of time, nor does it warrant your response to me.

Go back and re-read "In the end I know neither of you" of your post over and over again until that sinks in.

In your opinion, the RB1 is worth is the asking price. It hasn't sold yet so the market says otherwise.

If you have a problem with my "low balling" then PM me otherwise quit with the ad hominem e-accusations.

Remember, I wasn't the one coming into a regular thread and attempt to sell something. :dunno:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FYI: there is a much better place than the glove box to mount an iPod controller. E-Mail me if you want the instructions.