Rd.2: SRT Viper GTS-R's @ Road Atlanta

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God I hate all forms of restrictor racing....it's like having a Union for race cars.

Does anybody know what the horsepower of the GTS-R is?.....I heard in the very low 400 range.

Restrictor plates, etc do nothing more than make racing very expensive because the engineers have to use a lot of money, time and resources to get that extra "something" to make them competitive. I also think it makes driving the car much more dangerous for the drivers since they have to take chances and risks because of the cars being on the edge with no room for error.

I know they want to make races close, but close does not mean exciting or entertaining if it's a freight train of cars around the track with little passing, etc. Horsepower is not the problem because you can only use so much....let all the teams come to the table with max hp and let the chips fall where do.

Hopefully team Viper gets a lot of good data for next years race series.

Cheers,
George

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool video!

At the end of turn 3 on the first lap you can see he gooses it too early which forces him wide. When his rears clip the grass you can tell it sends the back end up, or at least unsettles it a lot. This is what happened to Tommy in the #93, except the suspension said "nope!"

Last edited:

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALMS is doing everthing they can to restrict us from kicking everyone a**. I & they know we can do it, they just want to keep us down for now. If we unleashed the capabilities of the new Viper too soon, well you know what would happen!!!!!!! It is the same old story, why can't they move up to our standards instead of use haveing to lower ourself to theirs.
My 2 cents!

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch. Thats nowhere near competitive. Hopefully by the end of the season they will be competitive with at least the mid pack cars.....It could take them to whole of next year before they may be competitive. The handicaps are really making it hard for it to compete.

What are the handicaps?