Re-Vamp

Brandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not, it's actually a little intimidating posting on these boards! All these lifelong Viper owners! I joined the club about 2 years ago and purchased a Black '95 RT-10. I absolutely LOVE my car. Unfortunately, I'm in the military and out of the 2 years of ownership I've been deployed for about a year and half of it. I'm actually in Iraq atm, but I go home on R&R and am ready to do some overhauls. No better way to spend a vacation I think. ;)

I bought the car out of Texas, and the engine's in tip-top shape so I want to start doing some interior work along with a new paint job. Does anyone know of a good paint shop in Phoenix, AZ they would trust with their car? Also, I'm trying to find a new console. Can most shops repaint the interior plastic pieces of the dash and console? Do the sidesills require a certain type of paint? I know they heat up quite well, my passengers usually find that out the hard way. Also, can a body shop polish up the exhaust? They've started to show a little rust on the openings and need to be brushed up. I think the previous owner had a small run in with a curb and the opening of the pipe is bent in, less than a half inch or so. I think the hood is slightly misaligned as well. It's mostly noticeable over the headlights. Is it a simple hood readjustment a dealership could make? I know the first thing you're thinking is it was involved in an accident, but the title was clean so it should be fine. Underneath the front fascia there's a good amount of damage from scraping and rubbing and I'm going to get the mounts to protect it, but has anyone had problems with these going over bumps and dips? I'm afraid it might catch and rip the whole fascia off. After the painting I was thinking about getting the clear bra on the front. Has anyone had problems with these, or don't like the way they look? I've also thought about getting a dash kit, but it just sticks on and I wasn't sure how well it'd look. Anyone else try one?

Thanks for any feedback! Look forward to coming out to some of those famed Viper events when I'm back home in Arizona!

Reaction score
HOOO-AHHHH Brandon! Too bad about yesterday....Army fought well at the end...but Navy simply kicked ASP! (I am on a limb thinking you are Army. :) )

Don't let the old-timers scare you! :) MANY have come before you, in the same manner....I'd venture to say MOST of us did.

How long are you going to be back for? There are MANY Viper Owners in AZ....the top on my list (since he has been so good to me over the years) is Marv Spatz. Search for "Marv S" on the site...I think he is in Scottsdale. I know nothing about AZ....so that could be nowhere near you....but it is the best place to start. :)

When you say "console", are you talking about the dash...or the center condole? For either, try JonB at PARSTRACK, The Wizard, or Paul Scharf. X2 Builders is also a site sponsor and provides quality take-off parts for all years.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Brandon:

I am here in Arizona, Mesa to be specific. The best place you can take your car to do any body work would be Viper Carparts in Mesa. The owner is Chris Wilkins and he is in the Viper club, contact number is 480-620-6162. He has painted many Vipers and Mopars. He even painted a Cuda, Viper red. Tell him that the "little Asian man" sent you.

It is awesome to have you in the club and we have some great people here. Check out our website at www.azvipers.com.

Send me a PM when you get back. I will be out of town in Hawaii for a few weeks but when I get back we can get together with some of the other guys in the club. I will buy you a drink to thank you for serving our country. See you when you get back.

Be

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte