Ready to be stoned to death but I hope Dodge is unable to sell the Viper Brand

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So should we have random executions until the problem clears? :dunno: Send a message? :nono:

No. It is what it is, and it will come back on it's own.

+1. The capitalist system is fairly self-righting. The more the .gov futzes with it, the longer it will take.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Move the plant to a right to work state and ditch the unions.
Problem solved!!!!!

Not quite. Show me a list of the vehicles built in any right-to-work state with a sticker price that is 1/2 of a quality UAW built vehicle.

I thought so.

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not quite. Show me a list of the vehicles built in any right-to-work state with a sticker price that is 1/2 of a quality UAW built vehicle.

I thought so.

KY (Toyota)
AL (Mercedes)
SC (BMW)
IN (Honda)
TN, MS (Nissan)
Just to name a few where the build quality is easily half and more than likely superior to a UAW built vehicle at a lower (profitable) cost to the manufacturer. The UAW contract agreements are arguably out of step with the times and are dealing a death blow to the US auto industry. These foreign manufacturers recognize this, otherwise, they might have set up shop in MI.
*I mean no disrespect for the UAW or any union and am simply stating a well known fact.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
KY (Toyota)
AL (Mercedes)
SC (BMW)
IN (Honda)
TN, MS (Nissan)
Just to name a few where the build quality is easily half and more than likely superior to a UAW built vehicle at a lower (profitable) cost to the manufacturer. The UAW contract agreements are arguably out of step with the times and are dealing a death blow to the US auto industry. These foreign manufacturers recognize this, otherwise, they might have set up shop in MI.
*I mean no disrespect for the UAW or any union and am simply stating a well known fact.

with a sticker price that is 1/2 of a quality UAW built vehicle.

Also, many Big 3 models have higher JD Powers rankings than the imports you listed. Stop reading the Consumer Reports import buyers guide rag and look at the real stats.

But anyway, if you're not happy with your UAW built Viper I would strongly encourage you or anyone else who feels the same way to sell it immediately for some POS rice burner.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As info...

JD Power Ratings

Company (Overall Quality)

5 of 5
Porsche

4 of 5
Infiniti
Lexus
Mercedes-Benz
Toyota
Mercury

3 of 5
Honda
Ford
Jaguar
Audi
Cadillac
Chevrolet
Hyundai
Pontiac
Lincoln
Buick
Acura
Kia
Nissan
Volvo
BMW
GMC
Mazda
Volkswagen
HUMMER
Subaru

2 of 5
Scion
Dodge
Chrysler
Mitsubishi
SAAB
Suzuki
Saturn
Land Rover
MINI
Jeep

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How odd: Infiniti 4 of 5 and Nissan 3 of 5.

Duh! Infiniti = Nissan (about the only difference is the body; everything under the body is the same). And of course, in Nissan's home corporate turf, Infiniti doesn't exist (the G-37 is now the Nissan Skyline -- the old Skyline went purely to GT-R).

Personally, I'd love to see a revival of Detroit's glory days of the '60s, but the realist in me knows it will never happen. :(

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How odd: Infiniti 4 of 5 and Nissan 3 of 5.

Duh! Infiniti = Nissan (about the only difference is the body; everything under the body is the same). And of course, in Nissan's home corporate turf, Infiniti doesn't exist (the G-37 is now the Nissan Skyline -- the old Skyline went purely to GT-R).

Personally, I'd love to see a revival of Detroit's glory days of the '60s, but the realist in me knows it will never happen. :(

Don't agree- I owned both. Detroit had a lot less competition back then. I believe the automotive consumer has it much better today then back in those days.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon, that's like saying Cadillac is Chevrolet, all the running gear being the same and all. But I bet the Cadillac experience is several notches above that of the average Chevy buyer. Don't get me wrong, I have only American built vehicles. But let's not be blind to the fact that the imports have several edges over the UAW built cars. When you blindly follow where I admit my heart lies, you wind up with the exact mess we're currently in. The Big Three need to take non-union built vehicles seriously. And I'd say more seriously than they took Japan in the 80's. Crap, it took them 20 years to get serious about that threat, and they're still playing catch up. And about being half the price, forget it. Most consumers would spend a little more for quality and satisfaction. I know I would.

:usa:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine