Real C6 Z06 pics????!!!

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don’t know how all race tracks are but the local track where I live will disallow a dry sump car from having “street car” classification in any of their events.

Anyway - I'd get one if you could only take the top off.

Reports are that 8 bolts and it is off. GM dinged the guy that reported it on Digitalcorvette.com

Are you saying the Z06 dry sump could be removed? If so, then perhaps GM should sell the Z06 with a disclaimer – “Some Assembly / Disassembly Required”.

That’s a bit more than I would want to deal with.

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know how all race tracks are but the local track where I live will disallow a dry sump car from having “street car” classification in any of their events.

Reports are that 8 bolts and it is off. GM dinged the guy that reported it on Digitalcorvette.com

Are you saying the Z06 dry sump could be removed? If so, then perhaps GM should sell the Z06 with a disclaimer – “Some Assembly / Disassembly Required”.

I think he may be talking about the roof.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
500HP, 500lb/ft from a 427CID is great! But the bigger story is the low weight of the car. I know its not final yet, and we really have to wait until an independant source weighs the vehicle before the exact weight can be determined. BUT-

Anyway you slice it, that car is light, whether its 3100 lbs or 2900 lbs, its still light. Taking off pounds is just like adding horsepower.

Lotus founder Colin Chapman said, "First, you make a great sportscar. Then, you add lightness"

Like those six-piston calipers up front. Dry sump? Hmmm.. Looks like you could actually track that thing.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just not the power of the Z06, this car will easily outhandle the SRT-10 as well. I hope doesn't Dodge spit out some sort of semi-remastered coupe they showed at VOI.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's just not the power of the Z06, this car will easily outhandle the SRT-10 as well. ... -Fiorano

The opinion you expressed seems more or less based on conjecture--where are the test results that support such a statement? That said, although no Viper the Z06 does look to be quite a performer...unfortunately you can't drop the top. Still just might flip my current Z06 and park one next to the Viper, we'll see.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it....Regardless of what brand is on the car it is simply outstanding.....This is a deadly hand that GM has dealt...If the numbers quoted are production spec, this car will run rings around the SRT10, straight line or corner carving..DC has to really raise the bar to trounce this Z06..More than just upping the hp too...They will need to revise suspension, weight and power to compete with this knockout from GM...Its the simple truth...This thing will be trapping in the mid 120's or faster with only 2900lbs and 500hp pushing it...Forget Viper vs Vette...This is a great car and for the price outstanding....DC wheres that 3000lb, 625hp Comp Coupe for the street...Thats the only thing that can put this Vette down..Whatever they come with the performance has to be "deffinitively better" than this Vette to justify the price jump...It cant be close like the C5 Z06 and Gen II imho...

JoeBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Too funny lets see 8 bolts could not be dry sump system since there are more than 8 bolts just in the pan. Thought it would be obvious note last line "Anyway-I'd get one if you could only take the top off." Report is you can with the removal of 8 bolts. I'll try to be a little more clear next time. :eek:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here you go:
0 -> 60 in 3.8 sec.
Top Speed 200 MPH
2,900 #'s
5.7 #'s/HP
Chassis & Suspension development by Pratt & Miller,
Aluminum Hydroformed frame produced by DANA
- 345/30x19 Rears
- 6 piston Front, 4 piston Rear Brake Calipers
- Cross Drilled (cast and camfered) Rotors (possibly Brembo)
Engine Development by KaTech
To be hand built by new HP Engine Plant
LS7 427ci/ 7.0L. 500HP/500 Ft Lbs (512 HP derated to 500HP)
- 2 OHV (3 OHV not necessary for target HP)
- Raced based CNC ported Aluminum Head with 70cc chambers
- 11.0:1 CR
- 46 mm (1.81") Titanium Intake valve
- 41 mm (1.61") Na filled Exhaust Valve
- 104.8 mm Bore (4.125") , 101.6 mm Stroke (4.0") Aluminum block
- Forgrd Crank
- Forged 6 bolt main Bearing Caps
- Titanium Rods
- Cast Aluminum Flat Top Pistons
- 0.591" Lift Cam (15 mm)
- Dry Sump
- 90 mm Throttle Body on Composite manifold
- Ram Air
------------------------------------------------------------------------

All that work.
Only to get their a$$es handed to them next year, when the Coupe comes out.
;)

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All that work.
Only to get their a$$es handed to them next year, when the Coupe comes out.
;)

I sure hope so but if the vette #s are correct, it might be easier said than done. :eek:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone will know in January what makes it go and what it "officially" looks like. Many think that those "dropped" images are PS enhanced in some areas.

Probably 6 months after showing the press corps will get cars to flog and then we will know what the real car can do in the real world.

If the car is high high 60's to 70k I think that they will not produce the same number of Z-06s that they have in the past.

I have a spot on list to order in the spring, and the "official" debut will be the deciding factor. Until then it's all rumor and hype

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think it is one seriously excellent car if it can approach those numbers. As I researched it more, I found an interesting thread from a gentleman who has owned both the current Z06 and the new C6 (not Z06). Apparently the Viper world is not the only one that is very concerned about too much refinement on their car of choice:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71776

One thing is for sure, this is a FANTASTIC time to be a car guy - or gal! :2tu:

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my only real complaint with the 03 z06 was the lack of low end hp, the new one is going to be bad ass rest assured

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone seen this pic???Looks like its a chop but it looks good...agressive and substantial...

You must be registered for see images