rear hatch 06 fe coupe

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are having trouble closing or opening the rear hatch you probably have a bad latch. See your tech for replacement. Thanks SRT for fixing this problem. Mike

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are having trouble closing or opening the rear hatch you probably have a bad latch. See your tech for replacement. Thanks SRT for fixing this problem. Mike
what do you consider trouble, when both doors are closed with the windows up, yes its hard to close the hatch, due to such a tight seal. but open 1 door and the hatch closes real easy. Havent noticed any other problems.

OP
OP
A

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It did not release when the button was pushed. And it did`nt matter if the doors were open or closed when trying to shut it.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a similar problem. I hit the release on the key fob and it does not unlatch completely. It then won't close completely with downward pressure and it won't unlatch either. The only way to get it open is to use the key as in the older GTS. This doesn't happen every time but it has on 3 or 4 occasions. Time to visit the dealer.

Bob K

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had a similar problem. I hit the release on the key fob and it does not unlatch completely. It then won't close completely with downward pressure and it won't unlatch either. The only way to get it open is to use the key as in the older GTS. This doesn't happen every time but it has on 3 or 4 occasions. Time to visit the dealer.

Bob K

Let us know what the dealer says. I have the same issues with mine. I did discover that when it doesn't unlatch completely you can then hold the fob button while opening the hatch and it will open. It's a minor inconvenience but if there is a fix I'd like to know.

ViperKSA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like TwinTurbo said: just open one of the doors when trying to close the hatch, muchhhhhhhhh easier !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery