Rear Speaker Replacement Options In 2008 Gen IV SRT-10

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My questions are:

1. What size are the speakers directly behind the seats on a 2008 SRT-10?

2. And what replacement options are out there?

I have the seats and rear panel out right now and would like to replace them this week if possible.

So far I've done the following to upgrade the factory RB1 sound system in my 2008 SSG Coupe:

Door Speakers: Kicker KS600 - Perfect fit...direct replacement....sounds great. A definite no-brainer upgrade with a 30 minute install max! Search for the illustrated thread via the search link...installation really is just as easy as they say.

Dash Speakers: Kicker KS20 ¾” Speakers - Sound great, but are not direct replacement in the stock location. I used some creative foam supports to get these to fit in the factory dash location under the stock grill with out doing any modification to the car itself other than just connecting the wires. Much louder and less distortion that stock though....happy so far.

Subwoofer: Kicker 6.5” 08CVT65 Shallow Mount - This fits good and can definitely handle more power than the stock RB1 stereo throws at it. You have to pull the magnet rubber surround off to get it to fit in the factory sub box. Also, the speaker will only fit in the box one way because of the way the speaker wire spring loaded connections stick out. Not a big deal, but the holes don't exactly line up either so I just put 8 new screws into the box to secure it. Pretty easy and looks good. I sealed up the hole in the rear where the bolt attaches to the factory sub as well as the port with some Dynamat. If you don't seal the port, the speaker really distorts and doesn't sound right.

Rear Speakers Behind Seats: Ok...so again this is where I need some help! I really thought after doing some searches here that these speakers were going to be the same as the front dash speakers, but they definitely are NOT. I can't tell exactly what size these are (I'm guess a 2" or 3") nor do I know what good replacements are out there. I would like a Kicker brand replacement if there is one, but like I said I don't know exactly what size I am dealing with here. These speakers mount to the rear sub box cover with 4 star-head screws each. I have an extra set of the Kicker KS20 tweeters that I used in the dash that I could use here, but they really aren't the right size. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

I hope this helps anyone considering some stereo upgrades. Thanks for any and all replies!

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
46 views, but no replies....

I guess either nobody knows or nobody has ever replaced these. But I've checked every audio site I know of too and I can't find an answer either, so I guess I'll just keep on searching...

I will keep everyone posted if I find something. Hopefully there is aftermarket, direct-fit replacement out there somewhere...

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks...

So far I've searched:

1. HERE (if anyone has a thread link please post it)
2. Crutchfield.com (who doesn't even know what size ANY of the Gen IV speakers are)
3. Kicker.com
4. JLAudio.com
5. CarStereo.com
6. Yahoo, Google, etc...

Any others to check, please let me know.

Thanks!

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I checked the Alpine website too without any luck...

Here are some pictures of what the speakers look like just in case anyone recognizes them visually.

I am hoping this is not a special Dodge part and an upgrade is actually available.

Attachments

• 100_0063 (600 x 450).jpg
    100_0063 (600 x 450).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 100_0066 (600 x 450).jpg
    100_0066 (600 x 450).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 71

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member