Rebate on ge 5 coming this week

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
speaking of a useless comment 1 badgts . we are still waiting from your reliable source about the rebate.
You REALLY ,REALLY should think BEFORE you post .I have been on this forum and involved with these cars BEFORE you ever dreamed of owning a Viper .Unless i was alerted to this coupon and gived permission to POST the data from my sources at the mags and or my OTHER sources i would not have done so .I knew FOR A FACT MONEY was coming on the car and i got guys like you telling me NO WAY . Heres another FACT if the car still doesnt sell MORE money will come .Do you care to wager on whether iam correct on this as well

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your welcome

Not exactly... I just spoke to a dealer with whom I tried to make a deal and the deal broke apart over 3k. Absolutely nothing has changed. If indeed, Chrysler is giving dealers money, it seems they are inclined to keep it, along with the cars. I would say something about the Viper and the dealers but best withhold my statement and choice of words. By now, they can keep these cars.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not exactly... I just spoke to a dealer with whom I tried to make a deal and the deal broke apart over 3k. Absolutely nothing has changed. If indeed, Chrysler is giving dealers money, it seems they are inclined to keep it, along with the cars. I would say something about the Viper and the dealers but best withhold my statement and choice of words. By now, they can keep these cars.

Peter, I think you need to go to a different dealer. Atleast 4 dealers I spoke with this past month all confirmed they were getting help from corporate.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter (lol )you dont understand how this works .Its up to the dealer if they want to pass the money along to the customer .If your SERIOUS and want a Gen 5 PM me and i will work on a price for you with a dealer connection i have

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Not that there are any "fools" posting back and forth endlessly in this thread, but this quote did come to mind...as do the virtues of the Ignore List if it will help one resist that urge
Too Funny .You have any other quotes .Whos the FOOL NOW

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter, I think you need to go to a different dealer. Atleast 4 dealers I spoke with this past month all confirmed they were getting help from corporate.
Don't you think that this approach in itself displays the real problem with the Viper?:crazy2:

Nevertheless, I have spoken to many and got truly tired of the song and dance I have been given quite consistently. Even if there was a good dealer (which I question fully, based on personal experience), there is a matter of that dealer having the car that suits me. Ironically enough, I have been offered a relocation of a car I wanted at a price that was quite a bit higher that I have already negotiated myself with the dealer that has the car. I would say the term "good dealer" is a very subjective phrase. By now, I am so resentful from my shopping experience that it would take a miracle for me to buy second Viper.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter (lol )you dont understand how this works .Its up to the dealer if they want to pass the money along to the customer .If your SERIOUS and want a Gen 5 PM me and i will work on a price for you with a dealer connection i have
Well, duh, this is exactly how it works and why I said this gesture from Chrysler does not mean squat. What are you insinuating by questioning me not being serious? I am really pissed as a matter of fact because I got a big run around regarding the car I was going to trade in and was told how hard it would be to dispose of that car. Well, I sold my fvcking car within a couple of weeks and without any issues and now, besides my current Viper, I have no daily driver and I am pretty livid about the whole situation. And I think I'll pass on that connection thing since I already got to experience how Ralph's hook up worked out for me. I am pretty sure I will be quite vocal about this bullshiit I have managed to put myself through, not in this place of course.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you think that this approach in itself displays the real problem with the Viper?:crazy2:

Nevertheless, I have spoken to many and got truly tired of the song and dance I have been given quite consistently. Even if there was a good dealer (which I question fully, based on personal experience), there is a matter of that dealer having the car that suits me. Ironically enough, I have been offered a relocation of a car I wanted at a price that was quite a bit higher that I have already negotiated myself with the dealer that has the car. I would say the term "good dealer" is a very subjective phrase. By now, I am so resentful from my shopping experience that it would take a miracle for me to buy second Viper.
The problem isnt with the GEN 5 its with the price of the Gen 5 as it was NEVER REMOTELY in the 100-150 k price range . To get over 100k for a car that car MUST have it all horsepower tech features build quality dealer customer service ect The Gen 4 SOLD TERRIBLY at 90-100k inturn 40 hp ,a few body panels nicer interior and a MSRP at 100-150k did wonders for the Gen 5 Had the 5 been priced WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 70-85k we would not be having a need for this topic

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, duh, this is exactly how it works and why I said this gesture from Chrysler does not mean squat. What are you insinuating by questioning me not being serious? I am really pissed as a matter of fact because I got a big run around regarding the car I was going to trade in and was told how hard it would be to dispose of that car. Well, I sold my fvcking car within a couple of weeks and without any issues and now, besides my current Viper, I have no daily driver and I am pretty livid about the whole situation. And I think I'll pass on that connection thing since I already got to experience how Ralph's hook up worked out for me. I am pretty sure I will be quite vocal about this bullshiit I have managed to put myself through, not in this place of course.
You went to the wrong dealer its that simple ( All in all your better off you didnt buy the car as its cheaper now .If you want me to get you a number my offer stands .Keep this in mind MANY Dodge dealers simply are not equipted to deal with a customer in this price range

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem isnt with the GEN 5 its with the price of the Gen 5 as it was NEVER REMOTELY in the 100-150 k price range . To get over 100k for a car that car MUST have it all horsepower tech features build quality dealer customer service ect The Gen 4 SOLD TERRIBLY at 90-100k inturn 40 hp ,a few body panels nicer interior and a MSRP at 100-150k did wonders for the Gen 5 Had the 5 been priced WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 70-85k we would not be having a need for this topic
Have you looked me up before making these comments? I do not think you did since you seem to be preaching to a choir. In a strange turn of events, the new Viper became a value leader, it is a lot of bang for the buck, regardless of any shortcomings. However, after my experience trying to buy one now, I do not think it really matters how much it costs, the lack of dealer customer service will prevent it from selling no matter what the price is.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You went to the wrong dealer its that simple ( All in all your better off you didnt buy the car as its cheaper now .If you want me to get you a number my offer stands .Keep this in mind MANY Dodge dealers simply are not equipted to deal with a customer in this price range
Jesus Christ, stop saying it. I went to the dealer who had the car I wanted, I shop for a car, not a dealer. I have not had a good experience from any dealers, not just one. It would be inappropriate for me to mention the actual dealers but it is what it is.

Raven

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nearly EVERY Viper dealer I've spoken with have NO CLUE how to sell a Viper. High prices plus salesmen without any idea how to sell these cars equals 800 cars sitting on lots with a 400+ day inventory.

And with only $5-$10 k in dealer cash that can be selectively applied to 2013s only is nothing when these cars are over priced to start with.

But I'm still trying!

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nearly EVERY Viper dealer I've spoken with have NO CLUE how to sell a Viper. High prices plus salesmen without any idea how to sell these cars equals 800 cars sitting on lots with a 400+ day inventory.

And with only $5-$10 k in dealer cash that can be selectively applied to 2013s only is nothing when these cars are over priced to start with.

But I'm still trying!
It the ENTIRE SENERIO with the car as McDonalds dont sell steak. Personally i think the true selling point MUST be slightly lower than the new Z06 coming out (ESP if the car performs like iam told it does ) In retrospect the number on the Gen 4 was low 60s for a loaded coupe The individual buyer must now DETERMINE how much more 40 hp and a nicer interior is worth to them

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you. My local dealer had the car I wanted but would not negotiate. ended up going out of state to get exact same car for the price I wanted all done via email. Great service, etc. I would just leave you with the statement "the car is that good, you will quickly forget what dealer you worked with".

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you lose all credibility when you say 70-85k. Heck, for 50k, there would be a line at the door to get them. pick a realistic # to start with.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you lose all credibility when you say 70-85k. Heck, for 50k, there would be a line at the door to get them. pick a realistic # to start with.
I dont need anyones opinion about my crediability as the info i just provided speaks for itself .Once again the facts are that a Gen 4 DID NOT SELL UNTILL THE OUT THE DOOR PRICE WAS LOW 60S .I will not get into specifics on the EXACT PERF FIGURES on the new Z06(which iam privy to ) all i will say is car is a MONSTER The pricing on the new Z06 will be UNDER 90k (LOADED )If you choose to continue to live in a fantasyland and believe the Gen 5will be able to move at a price higher than the Z06 thats you belief .Obviously IF theres more rebate money out there IF the car doesnt move certain ENTITYS might not agree with you.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps without gettting myself in trouble i can tell you performance data regarding the Zo6 will be available in the fall to the general public.I can also tell you Dodge and the dealers want this problem with the Gen 5 CLEARED up before that (go figure ) Dollar rebates inturn coincide with specific sales numbers on certain dates (If x amount of Gen 5 are still unsold on x date look for more money on the car

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clarify, is the "new" factory incentive mentioned on this thread today applicable to a 2014 GTS?

Thanks!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell ya, I know we accept paying more to be early adopters and be enjoying things early, but with GTSs marked down $30k and another $10k now possible, that's up to $40k possible discount on a car barely a yr old and new condition, if I bought a GTS at sticker I'd be beyond the whole 'but I got to enjoy it the past 9 mods' thing. Geesh that's a hit to the **** in value.

Chevy says the new Z06 will be in the price range of the out going one, so $75-85k. I fully expct the car to hit killer perf numbers as always, it'll be a real interesting especially with it being a targa. For those not hating the looks anyway. If you have the viper in the $90k range with basic setup then it's interesting too in that I think peeps could opt for the exotic appeal over the vette. But without a targa or vert SRT will continue to not capture that group.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We get it, the Gen V should have been $50,000. Had 974RWHP. Done 9's in reverse.

Then 1BADGTS would have bought one.

What a boring song and dance. This "contact" you apparently have at SRT, why the hell would he talk to someone that sits there and endlessly blabs how terrible the car is.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell ya, I know we accept paying more to be early adopters and be enjoying things early, but with GTSs marked down $30k and another $10k now possible, that's up to $40k possible discount on a car barely a yr old and new condition, if I bought a GTS at sticker I'd be beyond the whole 'but I got to enjoy it the past 9 mods' thing. Geesh that's a hit to the **** in value.

Chevy says the new Z06 will be in the price range of the out going one, so $75-85k. I fully expct the car to hit killer perf numbers as always, it'll be a real interesting especially with it being a targa. For those not hating the looks anyway. If you have the viper in the $90k range with basic setup then it's interesting too in that I think peeps could opt for the exotic appeal over the vette. But without a targa or vert SRT will continue to not capture that group.

I plan on keeping mine for awhile. I really don't see values dropping below what they are (IE, you buy a GTS at $99 - i wouldn't see it losing $40 more in another year, it will level out nicely)

The problem is, I'd consider upgrading to a 2015. But, I am not going to take a $30,000 hit on my SRT to upgrade. I could justify $10,000 - but more than that I'll enjoy what I have.

Really isn't much anyone can do about it at this point. Life lesson for many, don't be first in line :)

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Basically Dodge is going to give enough money on the car untill the price drops enough so the dealers can move them without getting hurt .Their marketing is telling them that the best chance to move them is BEFORE the data on the Vette comes into play

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We get it, the Gen V should have been $50,000. Had 974RWHP. Done 9's in reverse.

Then 1BADGTS would have bought one.

What a boring song and dance. This "contact" you apparently have at SRT, why the hell would he talk to someone that sits there and endlessly blabs how terrible the car is.
I hate to say i told you so BUT I TOLD YOU SO

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the new Camaro Z28 starts at 75K, I would expect the Vette Z07 to be significantly more than that. As for the discounts, I would be surprised if they are used in addition to a 30 K discount. It is more likely that they will motivate those who have not offered significant discounts to move the inventory to do so. But if someone can get 40K off, that is some deal.

The question regarding whether the discounts apply to 2013 only or both 2013 and 2014 needs to be answered. Also, does it apply to all variants including the TA and the new carbon edition.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on keeping mine for awhile. I really don't see values dropping below what they are (IE, you buy a GTS at $99 - i wouldn't see it losing $40 more in another year, it will level out nicely)

The problem is, I'd consider upgrading to a 2015. But, I am not going to take a $30,000 hit on my SRT to upgrade. I could justify $10,000 - but more than that I'll enjoy what I have.

Really isn't much anyone can do about it at this point. Life lesson for many, don't be first in line :)
lLOL you really know your Viper VALUES .Everyone out there please review this thread and ask yourself is VIPERSMITH the person to be giving advice on Viper values Vipersmith You told me that NO SUCH REBATE WOULD EVER HAPPEN

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you. My local dealer had the car I wanted but would not negotiate. ended up going out of state to get exact same car for the price I wanted all done via email. Great service, etc. I would just leave you with the statement "the car is that good, you will quickly forget what dealer you worked with".
LOL, I think this is exactly what dealers count on, expecting the car to sell itself, no matter how much crap the dealer dishes out on the buyers.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the new Camaro Z28 starts at 75K, I would expect the Vette Z07 to be significantly more than that. As for the discounts, I would be surprised if they are used in addition to a 30 K discount. It is more likely that they will motivate those who have not offered significant discounts to move the inventory to do so. But if someone can get 40K off, that is some deal.

The question regarding whether the discounts apply to 2013 only or both 2013 and 2014 needs to be answered.
Once again the car will be priced in accordinance with EXISTING Z06s TRUST ME ON IT (I know the answer to something you have a theory on and iam telling you like i told you about this rebate )I can also say perf wise it will EXCEDE THE ZR-1 in every catagory esp with the auto tranny .

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps as for the discounts in relation to the dealer money its entirely up to the individual dealers NEED TO MOVE EXISTING FLOORPLAN (some may apply some may not )As i posted previously IF the car still doesnt sell MORE DEALER MONEY will be made available Dodge will protect the dealer here

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But why would Chevrolet do that? Pricing the Z06 Vette close to the Z28 Camaro makes no marketing sense for Camaro. What do you think their idea is here?

Once again the car will be priced in accordinance with EXISTING Z06s TRUST ME ON IT (I know the answer to something you have a theory on and iam telling you like i told you about this rebate )I can also say perf wise it will EXCEDE THE ZR-1 in every catagory esp with the auto tranny .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456