Recall 999 Pics!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper Tech just finished Recall 999 on my GTS. He took some pictures of the job for me. I have the pictures, but they are too large to post on the VCA website. Can anyone help?

OP
OP
S

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PIC #1, still working on pic 2

999a.jpg

999.jpg

<FONT COLOR="red">Fixed by Vipermad</FONT c>

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saved the pic file and played with the brightness and contrast. This helped tremendously!

All I can see from Pic #1 is 2 triangular plate gussets that are plug-welded to the bottom of the square tube crossmember and lower frame longitudinals. Looks to me like it would have been stronger to mirror the diagonal tubes behind the square crossmember, but welding the tops of the tubes would definitely be a problem.

I assume that your car had no evidence of fatigue cracks on the steering rack support and didn't require the more tedious fix.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>so what exactly did they do in there? I don't see anything, or is that the point? - you can't see it! lol Or maybe I just can't see it? Heh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, there are triangle brackets on the bottom, and a welded brace on top.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some before and after pics of a 998 on a 98 gts that needed the rack mounting replace due to cracks.I'll have someone post them so you can see the difference.