Red Deer Viper cruise nite- every night

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Vipers in or around Red Deer who want to cruise PM me, Crompton, or 1OF76R/T10. Some of us are game most nights it is not raining.:drive::drive::drive:
We were out to Sylvan Lake last night even though we did get a small shower. Mike finally got his car on the road after his paint job, Magnaflows, and Chromed wheels. Looks good. :2tu: So we cruised in stereo tonight.:eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Attachments

• three hiills 038.jpg
    three hiills 038.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 91
  • three hiills 046.jpg
    three hiills 046.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 2009 001.jpg
    2009 001.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 2009 003.jpg
    2009 003.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 2009 006.jpg
    2009 006.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went out last night with 1OF76R/T10 and our brides to Innisfail DQ.:drive: Met a very nice couple in their Limited Edition 2006 White/Blue stripes Coupe. Should have another VCA member soon.
Took the back highways and saw some beautiful scenery.
Met another fellow yesterday with a 97 GTS Blue/White stripes.
It seems this year the Vipers are even out before the bikinis:omg:

Attachments

• three hiills.jpg
    three hiills.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 46

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was a great cruise tonight.Even colors two RED and two yellow.HEHEHE I am sure HSSSSSS will post pictures soon if not i will post a few of the last few cruises and the Three Hills car show.I am sure by next weekend we may even have more cars going from this location.Remember the thursday night cruise is on now so if you can find the other Vipers stop there we are sure to be by sooner or later.

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the wife and I ended up putting on a hundred miles around town, out to delburne, around by Pine Lake, and home. Tune-up worked just fine. In fact it runs good enough I may not need White hood vents.:rolaugh:
No pics for tonight, but have a couple from our 2 Red and 2 Yellow run last night that Crompton mentioned above post.

Attachments

• 2009 061.jpg
    2009 061.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 2009 059.jpg
    2009 059.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 2009 064.jpg
    2009 064.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a nice weekend cruising. Saturday I met a young lad who would have taken off with my Viper if his legs had been 14 inches longer.:rolaugh:My nephew's boy---1st pic.
Sunday Shane and I met up with Tim from leduc and cruised Pidgeon Lake. A 2002 Gen II Race Yellow with mods.

Attachments

• 2009 063.jpg
    2009 063.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 28
  • CIMG2360.jpg
    CIMG2360.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like i figured since in the last week i have been around three yellow cars that the price of RED must be way more expensive then yellow.hehehehehe

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your going out tonight i have beach ball till 8 30 then i am game for a run.plus need to wash the car befor this weekend so i will be around if anyone is wantin to cruise.call me if it's on.lol

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane;
Came home early from show and shine.
Steve;
Are you out there? Haven't seen you around. Tried to call you tonight. Still on for Sunday?
Ron

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had company tonight so I could not make it until now. Definitely on for Sunday. Met a guy today with a 911 that is putting on some autocross events I believe at the westerner. he invited us to participate. I didn,t get all the details but I have his card if interested. Also the number of 03 red viper owner. Give me a shout if your heading out

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i got to a job today and at about noon one of the carpenters ask me if i made it to the three hills show .Wanted to know if it was my car that he saw in the three hills paper he got that day.He shows me his paper and there on the front page is my car center of picture with Steves car making a front bumper style apperance and Rons car in the back ground.If i remember i will bring it sunday.Tell you what a proud daddy i was to see this.LOL

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i got to a job today and at about noon one of the carpenters ask me if i made it to the three hills show .Wanted to know if it was my car that he saw in the three hills paper he got that day.He shows me his paper and there on the front page is my car center of picture with Steves car making a front bumper style apperance and Rons car in the back ground.If i remember i will bring it sunday.Tell you what a proud daddy i was to see this.LOL

I would like to see the paper. My brother lives in 3 Hills and never said anything.

Wife and I went to Stettler to S/S today. She took 70 R R vert. I hauled GTS behind Ram SRT 10. R R could not compete against the General Lee signed by Bo. Took plaque for '75 and newer stock with Ram SRT 10 Yellow Fever and for '75 and newer modified with 2001 GTS.:D Pics to prove it. Vettes and Mustangs beat out by a pickup????? :omg: Ya you bet!!!:headbang::headbang:

Attachments

• 2009 068.jpg
    2009 068.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 2009 082.jpg
    2009 082.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2009 085.jpg
    2009 085.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve;

As said in PM, I won't have my Viper for a cruise today. Maybe I could go along with one of the '70's? :drive:Give me a call. I have to work for a couple of hours, but will be free after that. I haven't talked to Mike lately. Guess Shane is on holidays.

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to Red Deer Cruise night every night? Sorry I have been super busy at work on a monster project but that is wrapped up. Haven't moved the car since the track except last Sunday I took it to the Rimbey Show and shine And won the spectators choice trophy. Is anyone going to the Lacombe 100' Shoot out this weekend. I think I might try it. They Also have a drive in Movie Saturday night.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they have a show and shine on sat that i am going to anyone else wanna join.give me a call or pm me.i was out in red deer tonight had to get yellowjacket spray to kill the nest in the back field.was a great night to be out.may have the car out thursday after volleyball if anyone else wants to cruise the gaetz.lol

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
steve give me a call friday night if you wanna meet and go to Lacombe for the show on Saturday.392-0809.and this can also go for anyone else wishing to join us.i need to wash the car as soon as i get home Fgriday so i will be up a while it's still a mess from the Calgary run.

Shane

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys;
We started moving on 15th, had old place torn apart, most things moved and I got called to work on 17th. Had to go to Grande Prairie for a week. Just got home a half hour ago. Did not get in in time to check on car. Guess I will miss the Stettler 1/8 mile.:( Anyone else going? If so I might take the Yellow Fever. Shane, your tires should get good traction, as it is supposed to be 30 +. Steve, congrats on your win at Rimbey. :2tu:

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I am off to Stettler on Sunday for the 1/8 miler, wish me luck............................

Tim

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I am off to Stettler on Sunday for the 1/8 miler, wish me luck............................

Tim

Good Luck Tim,
My nephew works the event and he said it's a limited amount of entries and they open at 8:30 with racing at 10:30 so you will want to get there early.

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Ron, I have the Trophy for 1st place in the Real Street Shoot Out Class. Pulled 8.11 to 8.22 over 5 runs. Each run was a little slower than the previous. The track was up hill, 10 mph head wind with temperatures of 27 deg giving us a density altitude of 5000 ft. 1st gear was useless, and still spinning in 2nd and 3rd gear. But still kicked butt and being the only Viper there it was the crowd’s favourite. Next year I will get some slicks and move up a class and I’m sure that I could do real well in that class as long as I can hook up.

I had heard it was going to be full so I was up at 04:00 with the rain here. I had taken my top off the night before and had to put it back on in the morning. Rained all the way there but quit around 10:00 and the track was dry by noon. I met your nephew and had a good chat with him and he said your car is down again. Will you be up and running for the run to BC in August?
Tim

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ron, I have the Trophy for 1st place in the Real Street Shoot Out Class. Pulled 8.11 to 8.22 over 5 runs. Each run was a little slower than the previous. The track was up hill, 10 mph head wind with temperatures of 27 deg giving us a density altitude of 5000 ft. 1st gear was useless, and still spinning in 2nd and 3rd gear. But still kicked butt and being the only Viper there it was the crowd’s favourite. Next year I will get some slicks and move up a class and I’m sure that I could do real well in that class as long as I can hook up.

I had heard it was going to be full so I was up at 04:00 with the rain here. I had taken my top off the night before and had to put it back on in the morning. Rained all the way there but quit around 10:00 and the track was dry by noon. I met your nephew and had a good chat with him and he said your car is down again. Will you be up and running for the run to BC in August?
Tim

How to go Tim!!:2tu::2tu: Your car is definitely a sweet ride. Can see how they would like it. Congrats.

I have been moving or I would have been there with the Ram SRT 10. Had to work in G.P. for a week so I fell behind.

Yes, my Viper is down again. Still getting it back together from the blown head gasket. Lightspeed assured they would have it running for a show and shine last week. Still don't have it. Tomorrow? :rolaugh: I definitely would have been there if it had been running. Had been looking forward to it since my nephew first called me about it. I had two nephews and two brothers with cars there.

The wife and I were just talking about Kelowna and we would really like to make it. But first I would like to get to a Friday night event at Castrol. Have you had your car there yet?

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, not this one there as of yet. With the temps around 30 here the Density Alt has been hovering close to 5000ft asl. Once the nights start cooling off I will take it there for better times.

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, not this one there as of yet. With the temps around 30 here the Density Alt has been hovering close to 5000ft asl. Once the nights start cooling off I will take it there for better times.

We will let you know if and when we head up there. Are you planning to come down to Central Alberta Mopars show and shine on Aug. 8? You are going to Kelowna?

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am off to BC on the 10th and if I am done the Garage Reno for the Viper, I will come to RedDeer for the 8th.

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the good news is I got my car out today. :2tu:

The bad news is that we( 10F76RT/10, Crompton, and I) started on a cruise and I was excited to have it back and saw 2 blocks with no traffic ahead and gave it a little "burp" only to have 2 squad cars decide I was going a "little" too fast. :nono: Since they did not have radar we did manage to come to an agreement of "excessive speed". I figured that was better than his first suggestion of tow and impound.:omg: I could fight it and probably win but this is my home town and there are a lot of cops here.:rolleyes:

The cop figures I should keep it on the track. Race City here I come do da do da.:headbang:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well at least you guys are having fun? Check the Harrison thread for pics I posted today. Trevor (TNT) was here and 13 Vipers showed. Trevor said he was coming back for Kelowna so you guys may want to hook up and travel with him?

I've got a car show in Kamloops Aug 8, then the weekend after is the Kelowna event which we'll be attending. I think the wife wants to do Sandpoint Idaho after that so I'll have to look at the map and see if we'll be cruising to calgary after Kelowna or cross the border somewhere else. I kinda like the fuel and Motel prices south of the border since they're half price I can go twice as far!!!

Ted

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21