Red/Silver GTS or Red/White GTS LE

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am undecided between a 2002 Red/Silver GTS and a 2002 Red/White LE. I have seen the Red/Silver and it is really
nice. I have NOT seen the Red/White LE. I know that this is a personal choice for me. But it is a difficult one at that.
Will the GTS Owners with Red/ Silver and Red/White please share their opinions? Viper owners who have seen both GTS's please share your opinion!!! I live in Pa. if anyone can direct me to see a Red/White GTS. My gut feeling so far is that the Red/Silver is more show car nice and the Red/White is more stand out, bold, racing look. ???????

Thanks so much Guys!!!

Dave
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is in the final stages of a total repaint. My GTS was red w/white stripes and will now be red w/silver stripes.

Tough choice but you can't go wrong either way. White is more bold and more of a race look. Silver is a little more subtle and will blend better with my chrome wheels and accessories.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer the red/silver combo. I was looking at a last edition last week and I was not very impressed with the color scheme personally. The red/silver looks a little classier or something, can't quite put my finger on it.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personal taste, of course but for my $.02 I chose the Red/Silver because I felt the White Stripes were just a little more...ummmm..."informal" might be the right phrase. I took delivery last week and the silver really sets off the wheels and I had Woodhouse put a silver Viper GTS side badge on...I really like the combo. My first inclination BTW was Sapphire Blue w Silver but the Red won me over...either way there's no bad choice they're both beautiful! Good luck.

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a Final Edition (#264/360) and could not be happier. The Red/White is a great match with our midnight blue Prowler. Good Luck.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are 2 finals here in Western NY
and i love the red and white combo
the only car i would swap my yellow fever for.

my 2 cents take the final

JIM

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had 2 "Final Editions", kept the ACR....really think the red /white is the most striking of the two choices.....there is a red/silver GTS in my family also....I think it is very nice, but the white really stands out....also the "FE" is a little something special to talk about at the shows if that is your thing....either way, how can you possibly go wrong ??? My opinion, go for the "Final Edition"

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned both color combos.

Your quote: "My gut feeling so far is that the Red/Silver is more show car nice and the Red/White is more stand out, bold, racing look"

The reason you think of racing with the Red and White combo is due to the fact that Dodge used that combo for so many years on the Team Oreca cars. They won 24 hrs of Daytona wearing the white stripes.

I get more looks with the white stripes, however either color stripes get a ton more looks compared to when I owned a solid color GTS.

If the price was the same, I would go with the Final Edtion, because it's a 1 year color combo with a few extra badges and a numbered car.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C O D Y:
If the price was the same, I would go with the Final Edtion, because it's a 1 year color combo with a few extra badges and a numbered car.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
My thoughts exactly. The FE should hold its value better.

OP
OP

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys for all your input and info! It is the Red/White GTS Final Edition hands down!!! After seeing both colors up close and in person...Karen and I had made the decision in about 3 seconds!!! Oh! and without the help of Bill Pemberton this Viper purchase would have never happened. Bill is TRULLY a gentleman and a professional in the dealing with Vipers! It will be a few weeks until delivery, and I have already had 2 sleepless nights!!! THANKS BILL P.
wink.gif

Dave

2002 FINAL EDITION GTS #338
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all due respect to TobyT, I'm sure he's trying to help, stick with Bill and don't go for the ebay car. Let's think about this, if it has 900 miles and the taxes have been paid, someone was an unhappy first owner, unhappy first owners do not treat cars correctly, especially during the very critical 1000 mile break in period. Plus the reserve is not met yet so who knows what the price will be. If you bought from Bill on a final edition, you got a great deal and your only concern is going to be wondering about all the phone calls from Hans and Jose. (Bill does great impressions) Trust me this will be a fun experience that has been shared with....oh, maybe..... a whole bunch of guys here! The monopoly laws prohibit me from guesstimating how many Vipers Bill sells. Congratulations on your purchase, you just became a rock star, you will figure this comment out the first time you stop for gas!

FE GTS 195

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Leo. Call Bill, I did, my red and white GTS was delivered without a mark. Caveat Emptor with Ebay, I almost bought a "perfect car" from a dealer, the nose was damaged, after I insisted that if the car was not absolutely perfect when delivered I would not take the car. He emailed the next morning with the picture of the damaged bottom of the nose. The car is still available and listed as "perfect."

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick with Bill P.......have bought 4 new Vipers from him in the last 2 years(3 in the last 6 months) and 4 Prowlers in the last 2 years....NO BETTER place or people to deal with....you will be more than happy with price/service/help and there is always someone to BS about Vipers with....tell Bill P. that Buck (the world famous hound dog) sent you....he will know immediately you are not playing with a full deck :&gt; )))or that you have been talking to me....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery