Removeing rear sub panel

Reaction score
You will need to pull the seats and remove the rear bulkhead panel that covers everything. Not hard just go slow. The sub and box are right there when you get the panel off and you will see it is straight forward from there. What are you putting in it's place? there is very limited room behind the panels.

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You will need to pull the seats and remove the rear bulkhead panel that covers everything. Not hard just go slow. The sub and box are right there when you get the panel off and you will see it is straight forward from there. What are you putting in it's place? there is very limited room behind the panels.

Are you saying you will have to 'remove' the seats in order to remove the panel :omg: or just "pull" them forward ?! :cool:

Reaction score
It makes it much easier to just un bolt them and get them out of the way. You will risk scratching or tearing them otherwise, plus it is quicker in the end.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.

I'm interested to hear what you & others are replacing the stocker with. I'm going to do seat lowering kits as a little project & if the seats come out, I really might as well do a little sub upgrade if it's not too big a deal once the seats are out anyway.

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Any other steps necessary for the vert?

OP
OP

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mark,

I'm putting in a JL 6w0. In eariler post it fits in and is a very good speaker for the size and place. Just replaced door and dash speakers with new diamond components. Mark one other question is their any special in removing 08 seats or just 4 bolts.

Thanks for the help
Joshua

Reaction score
Thanks Mark,

I'm putting in a JL 6w0. In eariler post it fits in and is a very good speaker for the size and place. Just replaced door and dash speakers with new diamond components. Mark one other question is their any special in removing 08 seats or just 4 bolts.

Thanks for the help
Joshua

There are electrical connectors under the seat that need to be disconnected before you lift out the seats. It would not be a bad idea to disconnect the battery while doing these things either as the modules are sensitive.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like one of those projects that u think is gonna take an hour but takes all day by the time u're finished....

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another good thread. I am waiting in anticipation whether there is an option to replace the marginal stock sub.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Might not hurt to take photos before, during, after.. and share with others interested.
Good info all around..