Removing front all cats without throwing a light, possible?

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year when I purchased my 06, the first thing I had done to the car was drop it off at a local performance shop to remove the two side cats.

From my understanding they installed o2 sensors on it so that it wouldn't throw a cat.

This made the car a little louder, and i have absolutely loved it, but i still want to go a little louder.

Im thinking of removing the two front cats also, but how can I do this without throwing a check engine light?.

My only recommendations have been to just do headers instead of cats. Honestly i dont care for more horsepower right now, i dont want to drop $4k+ on a set of headers, just looking for a cheap way to make the car louder.

Thank you

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dropped the two rear cats and loved it as well on my 03.

The car was a lil louder and a lil faster.

had the two front cats straight piped as well and the car is too loud and got a lil slower. Also the check engine light will come on maybe every tenth start up and will turn off after the engine is turned on and off maybe 4 times..

ANNOYING

I got a sct tuner and it seems to have eliminated the problem. Though further testing is needed ( Just got the tuner today)

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year when I purchased my 06, the first thing I had done to the car was drop it off at a local performance shop to remove the two side cats.

From my understanding they installed o2 sensors on it so that it wouldn't throw a cat.

This made the car a little louder, and i have absolutely loved it, but i still want to go a little louder.

Im thinking of removing the two front cats also, but how can I do this without throwing a check engine light?.

My only recommendations have been to just do headers instead of cats. Honestly i dont care for more horsepower right now, i dont want to drop $4k+ on a set of headers, just looking for a cheap way to make the car louder.

Thank you

If you want louder keep the front cats and replace the mufflers with straight pipes.

Herc

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can remove the cats and zip tie the rear o2 sensors up out of the way but still plugged in and it will not throw any codes. I have had mine like that for two years.

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I already have a mopar street exhaust.

mrnycguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used a few hose clamps and have the 02 mounted on the top of the pipe and a wide band 02 in the original **** and no codes so fare (knock on wood).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS