Removing Wheel Scratch

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the wheels are clearcoated...you'll want to be carefull. I it's not through the clear, I'd recommend Blue Coral's Scratch remover..it comes in a tube. May take several applications, but a few gentle steps are better than one harsh step.

You could also gently wet-sand the area with 2000 or 3000. Meguiar's sells an excellent paper called Unigrit. Soak the paper in a solution of car or dish wash soap for at least an hour..then wet the wheel and gently work on the scratch. When you get close to being how you want it..go to the scratch remover to remove the sand paper haze.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bob

I too have some light scratches in the clear-coated wheels, some from the factory, or caused myself...be carefull when washing wheels...rinse real good before gingerly applying a well soaked and suds up 100% cotton mit! Wipe lightly!

I have had great results removing swirls and scratches on my Vipers Body and have used these products with great success on the wheels also!

2 things get rid of swirls and scratches...heat and an abrasive compound....don't waste your time with so called scratch removers....

My Viper came from the factory delivered with lots of swirls....not a problem removing them...

3-M Rubbing Compound Fine Cut.... #39002

3-M Foam Polishing Pad Glaze...... For Dark Colored Cars #05996

Best, Dave :usa: