Replacement Battery

PIT VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got done seaching the Discussion Board archives for recommendations for a replacement battery for my 98 RT/10, but came up with very mixed results. Like some, I have tried the gel cell, but had problems with fit. I bought an Interstate gel cell and had to saw off the top posts to get it to fit. Unfortunately, the battery ended up discharging on me in no time flat. Needless to say, Interstate would not warranty the battery after I sawed off the tops. Any recommendations on a good battery that will be sure to fit?

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sit tight...
We are finalizing a battery kit this week. It took longer than we anticipated because we've been busy working on customer cars. The final pieces are in and we will do the final test fitting this weekend.

The battery kit consists of a NICE billet mount, a 'dry cell' (no leaking) battery and all necessary mounting hardware. It will fit all year Vipers and no cutting posts, etc.. necessary. The battery packs a ton of juice too! More than Optimas, etc..

We'll post the final pictures and prices after the weekend.
Thanks for your patience.

-Wayne

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A true group 78 (not combination 34/78) should not have top terminals.. and a group 75 (also no top terminals and slightly less wide) should also fit.

I'd never go back to the top terminal type; although I didn't (I think) have battery problems, my positive post was eaten away, the frame was no paint/etched/rusted just above it even though the battery was firmly in place and the tray not bent. One of those scary things that makes you happy about regular maintenance.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have been replacing the batteries in our Vipers with 75 series mentioned by Tom...I am using Die-hard Gold type from Sears as there are a LOT of Sears stores( 2 are close to me), decent warranty, EASILY exchanged, not too expensive...and though they are FAR from an IDEAL battery, I LIKE the side posts ONLY design, and they fit nicely no matter what Viper I have tried (Gen I's and II's). Leaking has NOT been a problem in these non-track Vipers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte