Replacement part for rear glass 2002 RT/10

RTScott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the rear glass or "back light" as it is referred to, I have two (2) locks behind the driver and passenger respectively. On the interior side of the glass, each locking mechanism is surrounded by a hard vinyl or plastic cover. At the end of the cover is a black cap. One of these caps is missing. Not the vinyl cyllinder, but just the quarter-size black cap is missing. I called Chuck Tator in New York, what a great resource. He reviewed his parts/repair manual and located:

back light lock cover (Part No. 4848888AA) $82.25

and

back cyllinder cover end cap (Part No. 4848895AA) $64.75

He didn't have a diagram of the part, and you would assume that the "back cyllinder cover end cap" would be what I need. Just looking for confirmation from anyone who might know. thanks in advance.

v/r

Scott

OP
OP
R

RTScott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VD,

Chuck recommended I post this request for anyone who might be able to confirm whether I was searching for one part vs. the other. Unfortunately, Chuck did not have an 02 RT sitting on his lot, otherwise he would have been certain. This is a terrific site and VCA, everyone willing to lend advice and a hand at the drop of an e-mail. Thanks for the response.

v/r

Scott :)

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just went out and looked at mine. It's off of an 01/RT10 so I assume it's the same setup. The cap and plastic cylinder are seperate parts. If your just missing the cap I believe that the endcap Chuck listed would be the right part you need.

Although, that would be the most expensive quarter sized piece of plastic ever made. I would say just a few cents worth of material there. I'd check with Partsrack and a couple other places first before buying it new as you might be able to get ahold of one off of a wrecked viper.