Replacing Stock Fuel Pump with a Walbro 255

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible to replace the stock fuel pump in the bucket assembly with a Walbro 255 and still maintain the ability to **** fuel from inside the fuel bucket as well as outside the fuel bucket as the stock fuel pump does?

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is very possible. I have mine set up that very way.

If I recall correctly there were a couple of considerations.

1) the polarity was opposite on the Walbro pump and had to reverse the wiring
2) the Walbro doesn't reach quite as deep into the tank as the stock pump, so don't run the tank all the way to empty.

I have driven my car down to about 1/8 of a tank without it running dry (once) but I try not to let it get below 1/4 tank.:2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2) the Walbro doesn't reach quite as deep into the tank as the stock pump, so don't run the tank all the way to empty.

this is good advice for any boosted application im told.

i was told never go below 1/2 tank

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and jack, your car is sprayd, not a supercharged. so is it safe to say ANY viper could have this problem ?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible to replace the stock fuel pump in the bucket assembly with a Walbro 255 and still maintain the ability to **** fuel from inside the fuel bucket as well as outside the fuel bucket as the stock fuel pump does?

Nor really.
I have had a single that worked pretty good though. I had to modify a pvc fitting for the top to make it fit as best it could...I believe shimming it downward.
If I were to do only one now, I would do it just like I have done with two. I have been almost out of fuel with no pick up issues. Granted I haven't raced or autocrossed with little fuel but I wouldn't do that even with the stock set up.

MVC-142S.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang