Reverse gear lockout

VIPER BIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done a search on this & found quite a few hits. I see that there are some Vipers that are equipped, but I haven't been able to find anything stating whether the '95s were equipped.

I found a December 1992 Consumer Guide about the birth of the Viper. Within this book, it states that there is no reverse-gear lockout. I am hoping that this is not the case for '95s...

Anyone know for sure??
& By the way, don't want to "just try it"...

Thanks!
:usa:

OP
OP
V

VIPER BIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....& that's when the calipers were changed from "VIPER" to "RT/10"! I was also wondering that (had seen some with "VIPER" & wondered why mine were "RT/10")!

Thanks for pointing me to the answers!!

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can someone answer if you have reverse gear lockout does it make it where you cannot go into the gear, but still grind.. or is it that you cannot accidently grind on reverse when shooting for 5th???

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless there is power to the solenoid, you can not access reverse, i.e. no grinding.

Power is only applied when the ignition is on and moving <3mph as I remember.

Ignition off = no reverse

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm wondering if i should start another thread on this or perhaps someone will see it here and answer.. I have noticed that on my '94 when shifting between 4th and 5th if you are not careful you can easily grind on reverse gear.. is my car broken???

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think it would let you put it into reverse.. it just makes one hell of a nasty grinding noise if you miss 5th :(
I take the car in for an oil change on tues.. I'll have to check then with the viper tech.. thanks for the info!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 and sometimes when I try 4th to 5th, I accidentally grind by I think hitting reverse...

Gerald

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is true of my '94 as well. You might want to check the reverse lockout selonoid connection as sometimes people pull off the wrong one when trying to disable the skip-shift and light. Look for instructions on how to disable the skip-shift and it'll tell you in detail which plug to NOT unplug. I've already checked mine but that wasn't it. :(

--Rob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala