Reverse Lights Wire

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am installing my new head unit this weekend. I am also installing a rear view camera. Does anyone know where the reverse wire is in the front of the car. I could run a wire from the back when I run the wires for the camera and just tap it to the wire at the reverse lights. I just thought it would be a little easier to do this up front. Obviously I need this input so that when I go to reverse the unit will instantly turn on the camera and display the image for me. Also, I am leaning towards mounting the flush mount camera where the factory trunk key mechanism is. What do you think?

Thanks........

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The reverse wire passes through the inline connector on top of the drivers foot box underhood... It's the grey connector, and it's wire number one. The wire should be white with a green trace on it... that wire will go hot when the car is in reverse, as that is the feed to the taillamp reverse bulbs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got the camera installed this weekend. I just ran a wire from the reverse lamp to the front of the car. Also installed the Alpine IVA-D106 head unit with IPOD and video bypass. These pics may hurt a little.... I decided to drill in the rear bumper and flush mount the camera...

You must be registered for see images
[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

I think it turned out good. :headbang: