Rich guys and cars

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live close to greenwich CT, I go to Laguna beach semi often, these two places are pretty "well off" you know what I notice? almost no Vipers, Astons, Ferrari's, lambo's and Laguna beach is PORSCHE country but NO vipers.

got me thinking, as much as I dislike it, maybe this new change in the snake is needed, it seems as if the people who can't afford the viper WANT THE VIPER and the people who can afford it want a porsche (excluding everyone here of course) the viper is in a tough market, it is a car guys car, a true car enthusiasts car and that makes it very exclusive (great for us) and makes dodge want to kill the project every few years.

A lambo owner in laguna beach said to me "I chose the lambo because I want to punch it and never have to worry about spilling my coffee"

respect EVERY viper owner because when you see them, THEY are die hard true car enthusiasts or they wouldnt own one

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO, it takes a car enthusiast, or a "car-guy" to own a viper. Simply driving one because you have money and want a fast car doesn't really work out. The amount of attention the viper requires is a bit more demanding than say, a porsche. At least these are my limited, short ownership findings so far.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The modern day Hemi Cuda. I will always be a loyal Mopar fan. The above statements ring true. There are other great performing cars out there, but the Viper is a true drivers car.

Bruce

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Ralph, and appreciate Fiat green-lighting the Gen V, but what I really want is more of the same... Viper barely staying viable. I want there to be five ZR1's made for every single ACR... and for every (!) version of the 911 to continue to be called a Porsche, no matter how rare or potent it is.

I hope they make and sell just enough Gen Vs to maintain the nameplate as a halo car... and to produce/stock parts for the previous Gen.

Maintaining the low production numbers and our unique niche would be the best outcome: we'll continue to stand apart from the crowd in absolutely the best way.

Acr girl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget us viper chicks !! We love our viper too ;)Can't worry about spilling our coffee when u get on it , the half the charm of a viper

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A lambo owner in laguna beach said to me "I chose the lambo because I want to punch it and never have to worry about spilling my coffee"

respect EVERY viper owner because when you see them, THEY are die hard true car enthusiasts or they wouldnt own one

This is very true. Friend of mine has an anniversary Countach, 91 Diablo,95 R/T Hennessey Venom and a 99 Viper 650R. He actually preferred saying champagne instead of coffee :lmao:

here're his toys > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUlmmAl6VtE

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you not spill coffee when punching the Lambo? lack of low end torque? (I feel dumb for asking)...

I probably don't belong in this thread... I can't really justify a NEW Viper cost wise... I could swing it but it costs more than 1/2 my house LOL... but I'd say I agree with the above who said "car guys" (or girls :) ) own the Viper... Lambos are as much status as anything else. Don't get me wrong, I had Countach posters on my walls as a kid, Lambo's always been my dream *exotic*... but you don't have to love cars to be attracted to one, I think you do need to love cars to be attracted to a Viper.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know some folks in Greenwich. I've catered a few dinners down there and I just can't see this particular clientele handling a Viper, at least GenI-IV. No way...in fact, one wealthy trader sold his 2000 GenII after owning it for about a month. He sold it my neighbor. Reason: Too much engine for him. He want back to his Bentley daily driver. The GenV, with nannie controls, coffee cup holder, upgraded interior, etc. may appeal to a few down there. We'll see. Definitely would like to see more Vipers in CT.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is a car guys car, a true car enthusiasts car
Around here, most "car guys" are into restoring the old classics if the have the money. If not, they are into motorcycles. Not a lot of high end cars. Most guys talk about how can I afford a viper. But then we start talking about how much they have in their custom restoration car and they find out MOST of them have more in their car than I have in my Viper.

To the majority of the uneducated world, it's just a Dodge!
I have to disagree with that assesment. To most of the uneducated world it's either an unatainable super car and/or they hate you for showing how "rich" you are.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not to mention these "rich" porsche guys, whens the last time you saw them drive like WE do?