Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is on my 96 gts.Went out the other day to the garage and
doors would not open had not driven the car for two weeks
because they rock chipped my road.I did not have my trickle charger
hooked up it is a newer battery so I charge up the battery
over night and everything worked and looked good(so I thought)hooked
my trickle charger up and let it sit for the night.Well checked on it in the morning and I noticed that the little LCD lights that are in the door
locks below the door handles were iluminated they just stay on.
When I turn my alarm on, the lock LCD go off, but then I noticed
that my alarm light would not flash the horn would chirp like it was
armed but no flashing light. So I pop the hood while the alarm is
armed and nothing happened.I got in the car armed the alarm and opened the door and nothing.Anyone have this happen is it a battery issue.The LCD staying on
are draining the battery . Thanks for any replies. Battery is a 1 year old
Die Hard----------------

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stay in front of the vehicle and press the two buttons until the alarm chirps. this resest and resyncs the alarm with the remotes. other than that- dont know what is going on. are you sure all your alarm switches (hood, doors, trunk) are closed?

alex
few cars

OP
OP
V

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I made sure all windows and doors were shut.I don,t know why the LCD lights stay on on the door locks.will try to reset by turning the key several times thanks

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had what sounds like the same problem. After 4 months took it to the dealer. Adter diagnosis, it turned out that the alarm bypass switch inside the glove box connector had come loose. Only found that it had disconnected when putting in new stero leads to new amp and had the inside appart. The lead had come off and was laying on the metal behind the seats. Reconnected and taped it to make sure it wont come off again. Now there is no current draw and the door lights go out when it is disconnected. A pain in the ass to check. If you want to confirm, pull the fuse to the EEM and see if the bat drain goes away.