Rims arrived in perfect shape! Thx, JonB

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
When people do things right, they deserve recognition. So this post ges to say "Thanks" to Jon for a great price, quick delivery, and most imporant to me, the rims arrived in heavy packaging, and are in PeRfEcT CoNdItIoN !!! How good that makes me feel.....

BTW, SSRs look great in Anthracite!

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't have the rims installed yet, but I'll show you what they look like when they arrive.
First, they come in several layers of heavy carboard panels. (The duct tape is mine, originally they were strappped shut tightly) I had to cut the straps to inspect them, and duct taped them after.
Picture_001.jpg

They come with a full set of new shiney lug nuts, valve stems, and snazzy SSR stickers that add 5 mph to your appearance.
Picture_0021.jpg

The outer face of the rim is even further protected by this nice cloth ******.
Picture_0031.jpg

goodies!
Picture_0053.jpg

All the rims look like they just left the factory. Its nice when some things turn out right in this nasty world. Restores your faith!
Picture_0061.jpg

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
What tires are you going with Vic?

My current tires have a ton of tred on them, so they'll go back on for now.

PS2's seem like a good choice for the next set.

Does anyone know if they are any lighter than the regular Pilot Sports? I'd like to "add some lightness" to the ol' GTS.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words!

You might consider NOT using the SSR stickers, upting instead for a VIPER applique or a less expensive SRT applique as is OE on your rear bumper! Kind of spendy by comparo to the free stickers, but the "SRT" or VIPER emblems on a spoke would really POP .

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words!

You might consider NOT using the SSR stickers, upting instead for a VIPER applique or a less expensive SRT applique as is OE on your rear bumper! Kind of spendy by comparo to the free stickers, but the "SRT" or VIPER emblems on a spoke would really POP .

Maybe you are thinking about Gen3 or newer? My GTS doesn't say "SRT" on the rear bumper!

Do those "upgrade emblems" on your website fit on the spokes of the SSR rim? If not, maybe the rear bumper characters will fit.

The "Viper GTS" characters on my rear bumper are body colored, but would look great in chrome, and contrast nicely with the Anthracite. Note that the rear bumper "Viper GTS" characters are smaller than the "Viper GTS" characters on the side of the hood.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not all SRTs are Vipers .....We can get some smaller SRT logo-script appliques for the spokes. Problem is, they are about $25 each !

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Vic,
Those are going to look mean on your car.
I bought my SSR's from Jon B last year along with the PS2s.

Really changes the look of my car.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Not all SRTs are Vipers .....We can get some smaller SRT logo-script appliques for the spokes. Problem is, they are about $25 each !

$25? Thats not too bad. I'm just not in love with the letters "SRT"!

Maybe "GTS" in chrome?

Anyhoo, thanks for the suggestion!

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey Vic,
Those are going to look mean on your car.
I bought my SSR's from Jon B last year along with the PS2s.

Really changes the look of my car.

Wow! You're right! It went from "bling" to "badazz"!

Are the center plugs from your old rims? And/or are they the same as the stock center plugs?

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SSR's just have the center caps that SSR gives with the wheels. These are my "track" shoes.
The CCW's have custom made center caps. Those are my "Pretty" shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi