Rims/Tires for a Roe

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I plan on getting new rims, tires for my 96 GTS. Street driving only, not a huge drag racer by any means. Would like great looks.

As for Rims: Right now I have 20's on the front and rear coming from iForged. Once I do go with the Roe, will 20's be too hard to get traction with? Is 20's and 19's a better idea? Maybe I'll call Matt at Speedwerks as I was on the Group Buy and I don't know if the order was in yet.PS: Monaco's or Essens?;)

Tires: Street-driving only = PS2's? Are there any that compare?

Thanks guys!

Mark

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My experience is that the runcraps should be obsoleted, they have been. The PS1s are much better traction, but really **** in the rain. The PS2s are fantastic for traction and my Viper feels like a normal car with skinny tires in the rain now! I've actually driven the freeway during heavy rain (causing low visibility) and felt the road surface at 80mph!

Absolutely no comaprison to the other Michelins. For expert advice call JonB at Online Shopping - Home

Ted

OP
OP
L

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well, im going on iforged... I pretty much need comments on sizes and traction ability/problems with 20/20's while having a Roe with PS2's or some variant.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're going with the 5# Roe pulley the PS2s should hook well. I like the 18" Forgeline VR1s on my car, lightweight and no rivets. Choice of wheels is more of a personal taste thing, except you want to make certain that they are lightweight so that they also improve performance (acceleration, braking and handling).

Call Jon B at Online Shopping - Home as he sells tons of wheels and has the best tire prices. Experience counts. My VR1s are wider than stock because that way the tire performs better.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang