Road Test TV - West Palm Beach, FL - April 7th, 2013

08ViperCoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, so we'll try here:

My buddy Brooks Weisblat did a great job of setting up a local track day here in South Florida on April 7th. Yep, I'm a little late in posting this, I apologize, but better late than never!

Brooks spoke with Ralph and Ralph agreed to send a 2013 Viper down for some testing. It ran a best of 11.1 at around 128mph if memory serves me. Track conditions were less than ideal (due to high temps and high humidity) 90+ on both. Nonetheless, the new Gen V car ran great and the crowd loved it!

I don't have any videos of it, but you can search for it on Youtube.

What I do have are the videos of my 08 Coupe running. I ran a modded 2010 ZR-1. Here is a link to the video along with a list of my mods and his:

2008 Viper Coupe (all red no stripes)
Belanger Headers
Mopar ECU (stops the backfiring on decel)
K&N drop-in air filter (goes in the factory airbox - which is signed by Ralph) :)
3.73 Gears (however if anything... I find they slow the car down, because I have to shift into 4th)
Drag Radials

2010 Corvette ZR1
Full exhaust - from headers to tail pipes
K&N cold air kit
New high efficiency intercooler
Different pulley for the supercharger (increases his max boost)
Tune
Drag Radials (same as mine...the Nittos)
?? (supposedly he had other stuff done, but I couldn't get a straight answer out of them)...they did finally admit that it (purportedly) laid down 744whp!?

If I would have known that, I probably wouldn't have run him!

We ran twice. He asked me to run him the second time because he said he wanted "another shot" at beating me. :)

Here's the video of both runs....we only ran these two times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLSggcBSrgk&feature=youtu.be

After the race he told his buddy he was "going to pull the motor and put a Viper engine in there." :)
Go Dodge/SRT!

-Rick Diogo

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's sweet. The ZR1 sounded like it was struggling to find the right rpm to launch and work the clutch. Good job kicking the chevy's butt with probably over 100 less whp. The driver clearly won those races.

BTW. Did you ever dyno your setup? Sorry if I missed it.

Raven

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice runs. Your car sounded awesome you did a great job driving!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21