Robin Hood Rally Race: June 25/26

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY/CT Members, our very own Steve Katz ( ACR Steve) has been participation in this upcoming reality race and some of us are going to cheer him on. More details will be posted as it gets closer :2tu:

Below is a statement from Steve:

Guys,
Everyone always asks me to update them if I am doing a race close to NY. I just received confirmation that the second event of the TV Reality Race show that I am on (http://www.robinhoodrally.com/) will be shooting June 25th and 26th – on closed roads in Tuxedo, NY – Those of you that know where my office is ,this is only 12 miles north of me . They will be closing down approximately 5-10 miles of road of which I will not know until the week before the event. We have about 55 contestants that show up in some very very cool cars.

If anyone wants to come up and watch the racing/filming you can be my guest for the day (bring the kids or whoever you like). I can’t say how I am doing so far due to the non disclosure contract but I can tell you the competition is great and I am defiantly a contender for the prizes.

Prizes:
First Prize - a Ferrari F430, approximate worth $250,000
Second Prize - a Porsche 911 Turbo
Third Prize - a Corvette Z51 Convertible
Fourth Prize - your very own set of Steak Knives

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a feeling steve is gonna have a new car for himself....

id like to try and go.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow this looks really cool! Kick Asp Steve!!!
I'll try to be there for sure!

I'd love to see the system they devised for handicapping a race with a Ford Probe and a Viper ACR running the same roads.
From the description on the site it seems to be a simple HP/weight ratio... no accounting for aerodynamics or suspension? :dunno:

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Crap, My wife and I will be in new orleans that weekend.Good luck Steve wish i could have been there..Scott put a little extra Moose in his hair that day

Russ

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but I can tell you the competition is great and I am defiantly a contender for the prizes.[quoteACRSteve]

Love that, Steve, well said! Good Luck, and OMG on the prizes!!!! Will defiantly be rootin' for ya! ;) :2tu::drive::headbang:
Go, my Hero, Go :drive::drive::D
~juli

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone..... Our first street event is taking place this weekend up in Berlin, New Hampshire. We have had a track event where they dyno'd our cars and weighed them and we were able to drive against each other .Its all based on a power to weight formula. Currently I am using my Porsche 944 turbo race car because of the power to weight advantage it has over the Viper although for the NY event I will have the Viper there as well and may be tempted to run it.(the Viper gets a time penalty for its big HP, the Porsche has less HP but full race suspension and very little time penalty)

All I can say is its going to be veryyyyy interesting . I cant say how I am doing so far because of the confidentiality agreements we sign for the show but those that know me well know that when I race its not for second place :)

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will not be sent out to our members Jimmy is holding a CT event on the 26th...Thanks and good luck ACR Steve :2tu:

THE TOWN OF TUXEDO, NY

WELCOMES

THE ROBIN HOOD RALLY!

TICKETS NOW ON SALE!

Two-Day Pass only $10 online. $15 at the gate

www.robinhoodrally.com

FRIDAY JUNE 25TH AND SATURDAY JUNE 26TH

8:30 a.m. to 6:00pm

ALL ADMISSION PROCEEDS DONATED

TO

THE TOWN OF TUXEDO, NY

50 Top Amateur Racing drivers will compete in

racing-prepped Porsches, Lotuses, Corvettes, Camaros, STIs, and other exotic racing cars.

First episode will air on October 2nd

on versus!

Spectator parking is located at

Tuxedo Ridge ski area, 581 Route 17a Tuxedo Park, NY

$5 per car.

Free shuttle bus to racing site!

Food and Beverages will be sold.

Robin Hood Rally T-Shirts and Sweatshirts available!

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby, if I go we will set-up a meeting location and then sometime during the rally I'm driving to meet Jimmy at 1pm in CT don't know yet it will be a last minute decision....

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby, can't make it Sat. working in the morning then going to try and get up to CT to support Jimmmmmmmmmy's event :drive:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go Steve! I would be there if I wasn't already committed to the CT event.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corvette crash in the AM. Steve was not involved. Some interesting cars running. I'll post up photos later if no one gets to it first.

Here's a link to the crash (the first 10 seconds are all that's worth watching). The background noise is the event filming helicoptor overhead:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKOkchJJ_Yk[/media]

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good gosh, it looked like someone could've really been hurt badly there. Glad Steve wasn't in that.
What car was ACRSteve running, his ACR or Porsche? Can't wait to hear results and see pics, thanks City!
~juli

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see a Viper in the car list above so my guess is a porsche. I know he once raced 944's.

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, he's driving his Porsche for this also we plan on setting something up so we can all hang out and watch it on big screen tv each week. We will keep you posted

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, he's driving his Porsche for this also we plan on setting something up so we can all hang out and watch it on big screen tv each week. We will keep you posted

Hey Mr. Byrdman...maybe YOU guys will be able to hang and watch this on the big screen...what about us Upstaters...:(...we WILL need video~!!! :drive:
Steve, keep us posted!
~juli

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sSKG_2792.jpg

sSKG_2790.jpg

sSKG_2791.jpg

sSKG_2793.jpg

sSKG_2794.jpg

sSKG_2795.jpg

sSKG_2796.jpg