Roe Front Bumper Fascia Cooling Duct

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested in the Roe Front Bumper Fascia Cooling Duct since I keep overheating at track days.

How hard it is to put on?
Does it really lower temps 30 degrees?
Roe says they can make it for GEN Is. Any GEN Is with the Mod?
What other products should I consider for cooling?

Any help would be great! :2tu:

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great modification and a must to have on all GEN2 Vipers !
The most difficult is to make the decision to cut out the bumper.
The installation takes about 1-2 hours.
Just be carefull with your fingers while cutting the bumper :)

Install also a 180F thermostate with this modification.

I never had any overheating issue with this setup.

As an option you can also add a larger capacity radioator but I never had it.
You can also remove the cats and install larger headers.

Ownestly I had a 10/10 reliablity with my supercharger. The nail never went above 200F.

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it, and it works great. Before you rivet it to the bottom of your frame, make sure you use a hole saw and drill a big round hole in the area that will sit under the radiator drain valve so that you can reach the valve when you want to drain the radiator. If you don't put a hole there, it will be hard to reach at some point.

It really does help with the cooling of the car and I'm very happy with the modification. But, yes, it made me nervous to cut the facia.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suggestions/comments:

1) plan on taking the whole facia so you can do a great job of cutting the hole etc (I used a hole saw to make the corvers of the hole rounded then had the underside of the facia repainted so my cut edges are also painted). You can do a nice cleaning while you have the front off. I re-engineered the kit in the area behind the new big hole and the radiator to make the install a bit cleaner.

2) I live in Phoenix so I can do some serious hot wether testing. This kit is nice but my personal experience of street only driver showed no change in temperature whatsoever. Perhaps is because street driving is so slow compared to track driving.

3) I also have a PWR triple-pass radiator, overdriven water pump, 180F thermostat, and run a Mopar Performance PCM

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suggestions/comments:

...You can do a nice cleaning while you have the front off...

Yeah... Going home from work on Tuesday some redneck (we have plenty to spare in Texas :D ) must have lost a whole bale of hay 15 seconds before I got there. Drove through a $hit storm of the stuff at hi-way speed. It was either that or get run over by the redneck behind me trying to figure out what kind of shiny red car I have.

Soooooo, I shopvac'd the front area the best I could. Disassembly sounds like the better plan!

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought the kit for my '95. They said that they have a version for Gen1. I should have it installed and will see how it does on the track in Nov.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG :omg:

I'm getting hammered from all directions on matters of publication of descent air flow to parts that get hot!

Camera on charge... CHECK

Broadband cable bill paid... CHECK

Fridge full of beer...

RedSrt007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to bring this back from the dead. I finally got around to installing the Roe front facia cooling kit, and I'm consistently about 15 degrees cooler on water temps when driving. overall VERY impressed. With my TT setup it gets crammed and the turbos heat up underhood temps. I average about 180-190 w/ 172 T-stat in San Diego (75-85) degree weather. She has never gone above 210...

Overall thumbs up...

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to bring this back from the dead. I finally got around to installing the Roe front facia cooling kit, and I'm consistently about 15 degrees cooler on water temps when driving. overall VERY impressed. With my TT setup it gets crammed and the turbos heat up underhood temps. I average about 180-190 w/ 172 T-stat in San Diego (75-85) degree weather. She has never gone above 210...

Overall thumbs up...

DC Performance has a nice pusher fan setup if you want to add even more cooling power. I'll be installing mine soon.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do. Installed into my 2001 Sapphire GTS to improve aerodynamics and increase cold airflow to my cone intake filters. Adds a Vipair effect without the Vipair. Less air going under the car and the underframe panel directs the undercar air PAST the front of the engine preventing positive iar pressure behind the radiator. Also allowing air to enter the body through the nose instead of under the nose adds to the front aerodynamics. Going to add a fascia scoop to my new ACR to balance out the rear Venom spoiler aerodynamics. Also conteplating cutting plastic cowl vents (in front of windshield) to add to the front aerodynamics.

The kit's hardparts;

You must be registered for see images

The kit includes patterns for cutting the nose opening. I used a 3" cut off grinder... You also need a heat gun to rebend the inner plastic.

You must be registered for see images

Paint the rivets body color.

Ted